Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
The previous pictures by Surreal do show the North face.

The south face still has several offline too.

The shimmering colours are wonderful, but I would love if they could work up a seasonal light scheme that evoked the Christmas lights on the old Telus building:

ani-agtt.gif

Link to more pictures and story about the lighting setup.

Saw one flickering as I was heading home from work today, they definitely have some to fix. Still the best thing to ever happen to our night skyline though!
I saw the whole top five floors flickering like two nights ago. I was like shit am I having an acid flashback? Nope. Flickering 😡

I like the light show put on and from a distance I can't really notice lights being out or it just never jumped out at me.
I do have a "stupid" question though, how bright are the lights as observer when you're inside one of the units or on the balcony, just wondering how noticeable it is?

I'm kind of disappointed that they haven't done the TELUS Christmas tree and candle display on this building yet. I would love to see them pay homage to the old building since those lights were a Calgary staple. Doesn't have to be the only visual for the evening(s), but a few cycles a night would be cool.

My guess is that because the light display is actually a public art piece called "Northern Lights" by Douglas Coupland, it's not intended to be adaptable by the owners of the building for different seasons or events. I imagine there might be legal issues similar to the Flight Stop where the artist sued and won when the Eaton Centre decorated the flying geese for Christmas. Then again, if Coupland wants to incorporate the candles or any other holiday display into his piece, that's his will.

My guess is that because the light display is actually a public art piece called "Northern Lights" by Douglas Coupland, it's not intended to be adaptable by the owners of the building for different seasons or events. I imagine there might be legal issues similar to the Flight Stop where the artist sued and won when the Eaton Centre decorated the flying geese for Christmas. Then again, if Coupland wants to incorporate the candles or any other holiday display into his piece, that's his will.
When they were testing it they had a pattern up with the Flames logo so hopefully in the future we will see some more custom patterns.

Back