Stephen Avenue Quarter | 241m | 66s | Triovest | Gibbs Gage

put the buses on another avenue
I believe they already are. They were moved when it turned out having a single bus preventing a train being able to pull into a station was really wasteful.
1681767195974.png

Last edited:
I wonder if a land swap would be anywhere in the realm of possibility for this land? As an idea, the City of Calgary gives Triovest the land where the former downtown library/police processing facility sits and in exchange gets the block with the heritage buildings. Triovest can tear down and redevelop their new block to their hearts content to unlock the value and the City of Calgary can transfer management of their new parcel to CMLC for the purpose of restoring and activating the buildings along 7th Ave and preserving and protecting the buildings along 8th Ave. Simplistic and naive? Maybe as I definitely don't have a grasp on the logistics involved but in my view it would be a win-win for all involved.

Calgary Transit views 7th Ave only for trains now. The 30 and 69 are unique buses that still use 7th ave for their one time pickup in the morning.

I'm okay with the 7th ave side being reimaged, and tearing down those buildings. If high rises are going to be built for this project, do it here, along with twinning 1st Street LRT Station.

Leave Stephen Ave side alone. If they want a courtyard in the middle of the block that's publically accessible, then the couple of narrow buildings could be taken down to open it up to the avenue. But preserve everything else.

Omg the buildings on 7th are absolutely valueless even with upgrades. Just because @O-tac and others lost their virginity in those buildings doesn't mean they should stay. This is why Canada lags behind.

The DP's have been retracted. LOC still up.
Still tho, fuck those shitty little 7th ave heritage buildings.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Did these buildings hurt you? Show me on this doll where the buildings touched you. Or did they murder your parents or something?

I wonder if a land swap would be anywhere in the realm of possibility for this land? As an idea, the City of Calgary gives Triovest the land where the former downtown library/police processing facility sits and in exchange gets the block with the heritage buildings. Triovest can tear down and redevelop their new block to their hearts content to unlock the value and the City of Calgary can transfer management of their new parcel to CMLC for the purpose of restoring and activating the buildings along 7th Ave and preserving and protecting the buildings along 8th Ave. Simplistic and naive? Maybe as I definitely don't have a grasp on the logistics involved but in my view it would be a win-win for all involved.

I know as of a few years back Bow Valley College had hopes to get in on those spaces. I was certainly not confident in their executive leadership at the time to execute anything like that, but it could make a lot of sense.

I know as of a few years back Bow Valley College had hopes to get in on those spaces. I was certainly not confident in their executive leadership at the time to execute anything like that, but it could make a lot of sense.
The UofC is in the old library space I believe.

Glad to see this thing dead. Hope they realize their 80's development mentality won't fly in 2023.
Not dead, but laying low for a bit whilst a much needed rethink is in progress. But personally, I think it will be a long time until we hear about this project again because I am sure the developer has other less controversial projects in progress to concentrate on at the moment.

By the way, who was the “key tenant” who pulled out?

Last edited:

Back