Shane Homes YMCA (Rocky Ridge) | ?m | ?s | City of Calgary | GEC

Always_Biking

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's crazy inflation! I wonder how bad it's been since 2009? I suppose there would be some downward pressure on construction costs over the last couple of years.

rotten42

Member Bio
Reaction score
So which way do you want it. Build a box for a rec centre and everyone is going to say "why can;t we build something nice for a change". Build a unique beautiful building and people bitch about the price. Its a no win situation.

Always_Biking

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ultimately I'd like to see a bit of both. I wonder how much of those inflated construction costs, is overall inflation or inflation here in Calgary because of the recent boom times?

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for awesome update @Da_Master ... the more pics the merrier! Two things that I'd like to comment on.
1) I like the pedestrian bridge, and the pond. I hope they allow a few trees to grow around the pond area.
2) I only noticed just now, how the shape and colors of the building blend in with the hills around around it. Brilliant!

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
That rec centre looks outstanding! will be curious to see how much the tiles fade over the years...

Agata

Member Bio
Reaction score
Paid a visit to Rocky Ridge Recreation Facility this past Monday,

Here we go:

Really like this pedestrian bridge:

I hope you guys won't mind the number of pictures as this project is not being updated all that often :).
@Da_Master I love your pictures of the walkway at the new YMCA, my company provided the connection system on this project. If we could get in touch to possibly use these on our website that would be great!

Last edited: