Scotia Place | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 99 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 25.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
The major event level loading is below the north part of the building!
1723236579973.png

The Elm integration will end up being pretty interesting, I think...

1723236634876.png

Looks like the vehicle entrance to Stampede Park will be via 5A!
1723236684319.png

The one and only design element from the old arena I wish they integrated into this design were the sections of the building that were glass and you could better see the interior, most of it is covered with metal panels now, which is kinda cool still.

You can see escalators and stuff in the south rendering of the old one.
14calgaryeventcentreOct25.png

If there's one thing these new images confirm it's that there's only one press gondola on the north side and nothing on the south side.
The arena will have 52 suites which means there should be theatre boxes at the west end of the suite/premium level. Looking back at the interior area bowl rendering I found you can actually see the theatre boxes at that end (you can see the LED ring is placed lower under them).

Last edited:

This is the club seating in the lower bowl via the lines shown in the DP:View attachment 587291

This is WAY less club seating compared to Rogers Place in Edmonton:
Mayinsure all club seats are available for most concerts which provides value. I don’t think there going to be missing out on various premium options overall.

This is WAY less club seating compared to Rogers Place in Edmonton:
Could see this being a function of "going second". Been to a few games in EDM where those seats on the edges are the last to sell...and really all you get in EDM is a separate, packed club bar lol. Worth the 25% price jump? Maybe the math checked out that once you get outside the neutral zone the "club" price isnt worth it?
The Elm integration will end up being pretty interesting, I think...

View attachment 587197
LOLOL I cant believe this is still a thing. Aside from saying nothing in that diatribe that's different than what was on city website, the biggest winners btwn the elm and the stephenson building were the design team...who with minimal effort score huge political/cultural/art points, and can fill multiple pages on the design brief. (love the stephenson building integration btw, it's the elm that is the dumbest shit)

Really?
I think it looks great with all the high glazing.
The glazing is nice, I just don't see how this is any different than the rest of the building. Other than it can be rented out.
with minimal effort
That's what it is interesting, it didn't take much and I appreciate they didn't try to do some big over the top thing, just a little nod to it. 99.99% of people will be unaffected by it but I'm not going to bemoan a little wood element or two from the tree, maybe I'm easy to please with a wink.

Could see this being a function of "going second". Been to a few games in EDM where those seats on the edges are the last to sell...and really all you get in EDM is a separate, packed club bar lol. Worth the 25% price jump? Maybe the math checked out that once you get outside the neutral zone the "club" price isnt worth it?

LOLOL I cant believe this is still a thing. Aside from saying nothing in that diatribe that's different than what was on city website, the biggest winners btwn the elm and the stephenson building were the design team...who with minimal effort score huge political/cultural/art points, and can fill multiple pages on the design brief. (love the stephenson building integration btw, it's the elm that is the dumbest shit)
Ya, it's like if there was some sort of plaque on the concourse with a picture of the tree and every single person that looked at it from building opening until it's future demolition would just go

"oh, there was a tree here before the arena"
oh-no-anyway.gif

I actually like that there's less club seating, suites, and other premium areas compared to Rogers Place. That arena is on the overkill side of the spectrum. Do they really need 2 premium levels + a 5 level (including mezzanine levels) end zone club area?? The fact our arena will have more seating for the regular joe should be seen as a positive, especially with how high ticket prices are already.

Instead of overloading on premium/suite stuff, I think what actually be nice to have is a dedicated family section. It doesn't have to be anything special, just an area where you can take kids without wondering if you're going to be surrounded by drunks whose every third word is an f-bomb. Not that they don't deserve a seat either (every game needs a few drunks!)... just not the best mix with kids.

Back