News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Restaurant Thread

Anyone have any info on this new restaurant on 17th Ave and 7th St SW? I've been asking around and no one knows the name or who is opening it.

A shame about 1410. I only went there a couple of times, but both times on the rooftop patio which was great. On a p;osoitive note, the rooftop patio is already approved and built, so I imagine someone else will start up a resto there.

Man, the property tax increase, closure of 17th, and now COVID-19 have really decimated businesses along the avenue. Off the top of my head, we've seen the following closures (moving west to east):

The Pint
Family Foods
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Boston Pizza
Tim Hortons
Purolator
Nandos
Elate
David's Tea
Royale
Market
Poke Sushi Burritos
Pizza Boys Shawarma
Cilantro
Mill Street

And I'm sure there's more. 17th has really taken a step back and that's unfortunate.

Man, the property tax increase, closure of 17th, and now COVID-19 have really decimated businesses along the avenue. Off the top of my head, we've seen the following closures (moving west to east):

The Pint
Family Foods
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Boston Pizza
Tim Hortons
Purolator
Nandos
Elate
David's Tea
Royale
Market
Poke Sushi Burritos
Pizza Boys Shawarma
Cilantro
Mill Street

And I'm sure there's more. 17th has really taken a step back and that's unfortunate.

Also, I noticed that Cibo is now gone. I also forgot Nellie's in the list above.

Tried that Korean BBQ place in Nuera for lunch today, not bad. They also have Banded Peak on tap, those guys make good beer!

According to the website, Cibo is going to be the upstairs part of the restaurant and a Cafe / Wine Bar is taking the main floor.

It's at Fourth Street and 20 Ave SW

Back