News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary real estate market

To be blunt ... that's one of the risks of buying prebuilt. You also purchased from a boutique operator new to the city that misread the market a fair bit.

P.S. Perhaps you can move this discussion to a new thread in the real estate subforum.

Good morning, to those who have been looking forward to this building going up. Unfortunately, I hate to be the one to break the bad news.. but, for waiting so long for this building to go up, there has been nothing but lies from sales reps and head office regarding move in dates ect. since the beginning of pre-sales. Value Engineering? Yes, of course they did. Renderings look different completely as they cheap out on the glass, which was suppose to have floor to ceiling on the west side that I've noticed. I have been informed and have had inside knowledge during the process; LAMB is hard to work with. So many delays, due to the fact of Lamb not paying SCOTT workers/contractors on time. On top of that, he took a 50M original cost of the building and decided to cut 5M into the building. So Value Engineering? YES. Elevators apparently don't even have a readable indicator to let you know which floor your stopping on, as well the elevators were again cheap out on the speed of them, so expect a slower elevator from what I'm told. Amenities such as gym, lobby, hall ways ect. are also on that $5M dollar cut that Lamb saved, which goes into effect on all of that. One more thing, for this being his first project in Calgary... how unfair is it that LAMB takes back $5M on this project but all the upgrades you had to do for 6th and tenth are all included in the "orchard" project. Take a look at their showroom, the upgraded hardwood at 6th and tenth is free at the orchard units. Anyways, I had to let this off my chest.. you pay so much and you should get exactly what you paid for. GOOD DAY!
Good to read this post. I am one of the purchaser, and I hate it. If you are one of the purchaser, best of luck to you.

I had the Pdi done and there are so many deficiencies. They put the wrong colour cabinets on!!!! I chose a lighter shade grey for the cabinets and they gave me a dark grey almost black finished look for it instead. I spoke to the helpful lady at orchard and she also agrees that the colour is not the same as what I chose because she had helped in the past with showing the colours of the cabinets. Also, i upgraded over hang of the granite countertop by 10" and paid extra for that, so you can put stools underneath the granite. And of course, they messed that up as well and have to replace the whole new granite countertops. Like cmon, they rushed my place like crazy these construction workers are the worst. And the people at head office are even worse than that because they give two shits about the actual purchasers finished product! Im emailing them today to see what they can do for me, but Im pretty frustrated after looking at the mess of my new home.

Also, any of you notice how they cheap'd out on the fob security in the elevator? There is no need of fob access, anyone can go to anyone's floor. Where's the privacy? I spoke with the concierge and the PDI guy and the lady at orchard regarding this issue, because what brand new high-rise does not have this kind of basic peace of mind security where you have to fob up to get to your floor. All three agreed with me that this needs to be put in, you guys need to speak up the more ppl that complain about these issues the more we will actually see results get done.

I believe it is important our elevators have fob access to each floor considering there are several ways of entering the building via the back lane entrances and the building is right next to a bottle depot with homeless people "duh" I don't know what they were thinking. Seriously.
Hello again,
This builder is opperated by a bunch of lambs. Seriously, they packed a joke factory inside.
Guess what, I picked a dark grey color cabinet, and they install light grey, reversve of yours. I do not remember light grey was an option. The guy fooled me, said that is the grey im getting from the office. They turned blind on it until I see your post now, that dark grey does exist. A bunch of liars. Terible, horrible, unbelievable, unacceptable. Quite frankly f...... ridiculous
Im glad im not alone. And im sorry about your situation too

Hi there, I too also had to make an account to let out my frustrations and have been screwed over big time by Lamb.

I've also been thru exactly everything both @ilovehighrises & @longng86 have and my lawyer was saying the best way is to get all the unit owners together to file complaints or start a class action lawsuit. Any thoughts of gathering a bunch of the residents together for this? did you guys also get charged interest for "late payment?" i was told by my lawyer to prepare the bank draft within 1.5 days that my lawyer was notified via Lamb's lawyer and apparently i was charged a late fee...which is ridiculous. how can anyone get a chunk of $ ready in 1.5 days...

i had issues with the color selections and they would not change it. i chose a dark grey color and i ended up with light grey cabinets..my walls have cracks and some places are still left unpainted. it's been a month since my occupancy and yet nothing was done to address all the deficiencies i repeatedly made them aware about. i told them to clean my unit and they said they would by the time i got there, the concierge said he couldn't find my email which was BS because in the end i showed them 2 separate emails with my request for cleaning. he actually told me to sleep on the filthy floors. totally unacceptable. they dented my dishwasher and my fridge. they didn't fill the cracks which i've asked multiple times. my electrical panel with the breakers still does not have a cover on...

i mentioned to them about installing mirrors in the parkade because there are blind spots around the tight corners as the wall obstructs the view for oncoming traffic.

Also does your guys' cement walls and ceilings have holes, paint and rust on them? apparently the customer service guy said "that's the modern look" which is BULLSHIT. i agree how they're just forcing everyone to take possession before the June 30th date and now rushing everything and cheaping out on light fixtures. there's no lights in the bedroom at all and we have to buy our own...nor is there shower rods because the Lamb rep. said "everyone has difference preferences in terms of shower rod colors" which doesn't make sense because I usually just see the stainless steel ones. I've never seen colored shower rods in Calgary before...Also they came into install 2 blinds in the corner and the rest of my windows are blind-less. what the hell...what's the point of installing those 2 blinds in the corner when i need the other blinds the most? i have a feeling they aren't giving me the blinds i purchased. i specifically bought the black out blinds but they're far from black out types because i can see right through them and the lights shine right in. I'm still waiting for the bbq to come that they promised but they keep saying it's coming but it hasn't yet...there's also gaps in my tiles...UGH! and the list goes on....i brought some friends over and they all had disgusted looks. seriously no one is gonna buy this piece of shit builing.

do you guys think it'll be effective if we set a meeting and gather together all the unhappy residents? there's a few i bumped into in the elevators that were frustrated as well but only so many of us know about these forums...

Hunniebee86 im sorry to hear that from you too, and I completely understand your situation.
Yes we were very frustrated. One of the worst builders out there. We were thinking about the same things you are planning, get together and do something. Complaint letter and knock on doors to get signature.......???anyways If they dont do anything, at least i will be doing something that will affect lambs second project, the orchard.

Hunniebee86 im sorry to hear that from you too, and I completely understand your situation.
Yes we were very frustrated. One of the worst builders out there. We were thinking about the same things you are planning, get together and do something. Complaint letter and knock on doors to get signature.......???anyways If they dont do anything, at least i will be doing something that will affect lambs second project, the orchard.
Yes petition! i know a lot of people we bumped into the elevators were unhappy with their unit. or maybe we should take it to the news. Media attention or perhaps a local politician for the ward... it's ridiculous for home owners can't even stay there without privacy and walls left unpainted with holes in them. and even to rent it out there's so many problems that it becomes very interruptive and problematic for the tenants. let me know of your plans - i'd be happy be join since they're obviously ignoring my ongoing concerns and not addressing it...

I still haven't moved in yet, still haven't got an occupancy date and we are still waiting to hear back from their lawyer since 2 weeks ago. If things don't get resolved soon, I do agree on a petition as well.

I still haven't moved in yet, still haven't got an occupancy date and we are still waiting to hear back from their lawyer since 2 weeks ago. If things don't get resolved soon, I do agree on a petition as well.
Hopefully they won't charge you a late contingency closing fee. My lawyer literally called me at 5pm on a Wed. For the bank draft and I brought it to my lawyer on Fri. And was charged interest for it "being late"...how do they expect people to process such a big amount from the bank in less than 2 working days? Such retards. I'm trying to dispute it but they don't respond...so upsetting!

My heart goes out to you folks. It must be very frustrating to have to deal with this kind of issues. Is this typical of condo buying or is this a one time thing? I don't have any experience in this yet.

Here's a look at the available office space downtown Calgary:

Source (with video): http://cubecities.blogspot.ca/2017/08/visualizing-downtown-calgary-office.html

CalgaryAvailability.png

Back