Plaza | 113.5m | 33s | Cantiro | GEC

Would be interesting to live across the street from the McDougal Centre, I could see that being the site of some protests once in a while...

Building looks cool, very happy to see more residential in the core.

I really wish we had some Urban Design Guidelines that builders needed to adhere to, especially on larger projects. I mean even just for the podium or first 2-3 storeys.

Something along the lines of the Toronto Tall Building Design Guidelines or there Low-Rise Infill Guidelines.

As it sits this podium is pretty dreadful. The design is monolithic, uses low-quality materials and creates an uninteresting street level experience. Windows/glazing, and entrance canopy is fine just change out the materials to something nice and permanent feeling that isn't all the same aluminum panel.

Make this:
1723749348175.png

Look more like this (without the historic facade preservation:
1723749232794.png

Or at least like this:
1723749306086.png

Ultimately, we need higher quality at-grade treatments to make for nice street walls. Something like this should be the standard:
1723749520029.png

Attachments

• 1723748394515.png
    1723748394515.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 21
I really wish we had some Urban Design Guidelines that builders needed to adhere to, especially on larger projects. I mean even just for the podium or first 2-3 storeys.

Something along the lines of the Toronto Tall Building Design Guidelines or there Low-Rise Infill Guidelines.

As it sits this podium is pretty dreadful. The design is monolithic, uses low-quality materials and creates an uninteresting street level experience. Windows/glazing, and entrance canopy is fine just change out the materials to something nice and permanent feeling that isn't all the same aluminum panel.

Make this:
View attachment 588520
Look more like this (without the historic facade preservation:
View attachment 588518
Or at least like this:
View attachment 588519
Ultimately, we need higher quality at-grade treatments to make for nice street walls. Something like this should be the standard:
View attachment 588523

What’s the philips building commemoration?

It’ll be nice to get some activity going on here, but I wish it was taller. It’s a prime location to get Oxford Towers 2.0 up

Back