PLATFORM | 21m | 6s | CMLC | Kasian

1612126460434.png

The initial idea of the mesh façade was actually really cool, I'm curious how it would have looked in real life outside the render.

The parking spots in the East Village are always half empty, whats the point of this project?

The point is that obviously that wasn't the case before the economic catastrophe that preceded this construction. Along with the fact that the EV empty lots won't be undeveloped forever. Not that I'm a big supporter of megalithic parking structures... those are just the facts.

Also, just snapped these...

597FC8EB-4088-43CF-BEBF-41B9CE0F2381.jpeg
DDF8984E-8E4D-4367-B961-9B9A2A474373.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks rough...hopefully there is more to come on the ground floor. Those bare concrete columns clash with the cladding. Like the gold colour of the metal pans but they look cheap like she’s siding.

I'll have to agree. I've been flip flopping between the initial renderings and looking at the construction process, and can't help but wonder if value engineering killed the architectural language. There were some earlier indications of
a diagrid set back from the screen-façade, which at least would have been intriguing as a layered façade. I can't see any of that. Also, the spacing of the "whatever they are" poles at the central portion of the long facade seem to have been more carefully considered, and then it just stops. Whatup wid dat?

I allowed myself a tiny fraction of hope that we could build a parking garage that might actually add rather than detract from the aesthetics of the neighborhood, even though I've rarely seen it pulled off. Now that sliver of hope has been dashed. I can't believe we actually built this completely unnecessary structure, particularly right next to our brand new, quarter-billion-dollar library. It's like buying a brand new Lexus, and then hooking an empty plywood trailer to the back of it for no reason in particular.

What’s with the exposed concrete columns? Are they even going to paint them? Is this thing finished or do they have to install more slats. Looks like trash and another failure.

Back