Votes: 15 46.9%
  • So so

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah I was under the impression that was happening, but I suppose it's not. That really sucks.

apologies in advance

theres pretty much nothing i like about this project given the context. the developer is the only winner here imo. feel bad for 90% of residents, those not owning the river facing terraces. the big losers are the users of the public space that got nothing but a mass of glass and spandrel intruding on the pathway.

hope we can still be friends

I'm the opposite, I like everything about this one. Retail somewhere might have been nice but it would have had to be part of a good mater design meant for retail...like the plan for Eau Claire market.

Still friends? ;)
apologies in advance
theres pretty much nothing i like about this project given the context. the developer is the only winner here imo. feel bad for 90% of residents, those not owning the river facing terraces. the big losers are the users of the public space that got nothing but a mass of glass and spandrel intruding on the pathway.
hope we can still be friends

I'm the opposite, I like everything about this one. Retail somewhere might have been nice but it would have had to be part of a good mater design meant for retail...like the plan for Eau Claire market.

Still friends? ;)

I am hopeful that the outdoor spaces in the river facing terrace units get regular use from their occupants. They look extremely nice so we will see. Not as good as retail, but that could create a more vibrant pathway. It definitely brings life to places like the High Line in NYC during summer. So many of the earlier developments that face the path have small, dark patios that are never used.

I can't blame the developers for not putting retail along the pathway. It would be a tough sell.

There far too much cast in place concrete as part of the landscaping. It's the planters and the paving.

There was retail in the first couple phases (back when it was called Waterfront), this last one is good without. Are the retail bays on 2nd and Riverfront all taken, or are there some empty still?

Just so we are all speaking the same language, the first phase was "Waterfront" and included the first 2 towers (the tallest ones). "Outlook" was the second phase and was the two smaller buildings in front of "Waterfront". The first two phases share a podium and a parking structure. The last phase is "Parkside" and includes the last 6 buildings, 2 of these buildings are still unreleased and will be released this summer under the name "Parkside Landmark". As Mountain Man mentioned, only the first phase (Waterfront) contained commercial space. Unfortunately, there are currently only 2 tenants: Minas Brazilan Steakhouse and Riverfront Wine and Spirits. There is also a float spa currently completing a TI. The rest of the commercial space is vacant and available for lease but Anthem is still using a large section of it for their construction and customer care office.

Horrible main level design on Riverfront Ave.

7C8D5FE3-EAA8-4413-A038-444B95EB4D56.jpeg

There was retail in the first couple phases (back when it was called Waterfront), this last one is good without. Are the retail bays on 2nd and Riverfront all taken, or are there some empty still?

All the retail failed except for the Riverfront Wines liquor store and Minas Brazilian Steakhouse but I know both are struggling. I believe Minas even started closing on Mondays and is being propped up by other restaurants in its group. The coffee shop couldn't make it and neither could the hair salon due to traffic issues and Anthem playing hardball on rent. Many of these condos could easily fill up all their retail if they dropped their lease rates in response to the economy or even provided inventives but there just isn't enough traffic to sustain. The other issue is they are separated from the pathway so the business they could get from the path is limited and nobody walks on riverfront avenue in the dead of winter.

Hi All,
With all 9 Bldgs under Construction within a Year or so, it Will B Easy to
Rap Up Sales with In a Year under Ideal Conditions. With Most Bldgs by the
River and all the Trees Plus. it Should add Value to the Units. Tnx.

All the retail failed except for the Riverfront Wines liquor store and Minas Brazilian Steakhouse but I know both are struggling. I believe Minas even started closing on Mondays and is being propped up by other restaurants in its group. The coffee shop couldn't make it and neither could the hair salon due to traffic issues and Anthem playing hardball on rent. Many of these condos could easily fill up all their retail if they dropped their lease rates in response to the economy or even provided inventives but there just isn't enough traffic to sustain. The other issue is they are separated from the pathway so the business they could get from the path is limited and nobody walks on riverfront avenue in the dead of winter.

The fact that they put all the retail across the street from the loading docks of a decrepit, failing shopping mall is completely baffling to me. Especially because literally any other side of this development fronts busier, far more pedestrian-friendly areas (the riverfront and Chinatown). My understanding of this is that the developers were trying to market the project as part of "Eau Claire" and not part of Chinatown (which is technically where it is actually located), which might explain their decision. Imagine if the restaurants and cafes had been fronting Sien Lok park. They'd be some of the nicest spots in the city.

Back