Votes: 15 46.9%
  • So so

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't mind the cladding but wish they used something different then at Grey tindlestone. I don't mind a mix of the blue and the gray the gray accents though just a different material would've been good .

Tyndall is a gorgeous limestone. This is anything but Tyndall. Probably precast.

I meant to say gray Tyndall like material as they are all obviously trying to make it look like Tyndall stone.
Even if it was real Tyndall Stone I don't think it would be a good match.
As beautiful as Tyndall Stone is , and I agree with you on that, I have never liked it mixed in with modern high-rises like this.
Tyndall is a gorgeous limestone. This is anything but Tyndall. Probably precast.

Tyndall isn't grey so I'm a little confused when you say, "make it look like Tyndall".

Stone is versatile. It works well with all types of architecture. It comes down to the finish and quality. I prefer a smooth finish over a rough one for modern high rises. It's a lot easier to manufacture stone with a rough finish. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a fair amount of that in Calgary. The colour and detail of the blocks used for many condos don't look like Tyndall.

I think he means rundle stone which is a dark limestone that is fairly unique to the Calgary area. Parkside looks to use some sort of cultures stone facade intended to mimic rundle stone. Earlier phases had cultured sandstone.

I really like the look of rundle stone, especially that with the bluer tinge and wish it were used more in Calgary.

I did indeed mean Rundke Stone. Thanks! I like the colour of the Rundle stone, but I wish it was a flat finish that's all.
I think he means rundle stone which is a dark limestone that is fairly unique to the Calgary area. Parkside looks to use some sort of cultures stone facade intended to mimic rundle stone. Earlier phases had cultured sandstone.

I really like the look of rundle stone, especially that with the bluer tinge and wish it were used more in Calgary.

This is turning out better than I expected. I'm glad the new buildings differ in style from the original design of the Waterfront towers, would have had too much of a master planned feel, now there is a bit of diversity.

I'm glad there's variety as well, but unfortunately the facade just doesn't look as good as the first phase. Feels rather cheap in comparison.

The stone clashes pretty badly with the rest of the tower. Not a fan of that at all.

upload_2017-9-28_10-59-15.png

upload_2017-9-28_11-47-20.png

-my pics

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-28_10-59-15.png
    upload_2017-9-28_10-59-15.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 629
  • upload_2017-9-28_11-46-54.png
    upload_2017-9-28_11-46-54.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 465
  • upload_2017-9-28_11-47-20.png
    upload_2017-9-28_11-47-20.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 649
Last edited:
Driving up Centre the other day - there's an angle that makes the latest phase of this project all blend together as "one building" and sort of look like VIA 57 West. Haven't really been a fan of how this has been turning out, but from the vantage point on the bridge it looks better (to me).

Back