Palliser One | 122m | 27s

May I present to you, the Calgary Tower’s “Balls”:
1717259753382.jpeg

Something complimentary to the tower. No, I don't mean balls. I'm referring to the tourist trap. A museum to Alberta's obsession with world's largest object monuments? Wax museum of famous people wearing white cowboy hats at Stampede? An interactive Lego museum as who here hasn't built skylines with Lego.

I'm curious to hear what everyone actually wants built to replace Palliser Square / Palliser parkade. I've heard ideas on this forum about new train stations, but what else?
Just replace the current street interface with something modern and inviting and it's good. Having theatres and souvenir shops in there is a good use, just make it attractive from the street.

Seen latest iteration of residential conversion plans. It's pretty much going to be the last rendering with the cantilevered cut-out on the 16-17th floors. Floors 15 and below will have a whopping 20 units per floor, 18 and above will have 18. Full window replacement on the entire building (the last spec not yet confirmed). Significant changes to the landscaping outside the building as well.

The most impressive part of the design is the amenity space on the 16 and 17th floor. It's going to be an amazing gathering space if it turns out anything like the renderings. 17th will have concrete cut out to be open to below. The units will have exposed concrete ceilings allowing for 13 feet in height, except for bedrooms which will have drywall to 9 feet.

A major hurdle that has stalled this project is getting the current office tenants out to new spaces, with two major tenants in the building. This is almost complete now, conversion will most likely start 2025.

Seen latest iteration of residential conversion plans. It's pretty much going to be the last rendering with the cantilevered cut-out on the 16-17th floors. Floors 15 and below will have a whopping 20 units per floor, 18 and above will have 18. Full window replacement on the entire building (the last spec not yet confirmed). Significant changes to the landscaping outside the building as well.

The most impressive part of the design is the amenity space on the 16 and 17th floor. It's going to be an amazing gathering space if it turns out anything like the renderings. 17th will have concrete cut out to be open to below. The units will have exposed concrete ceilings allowing for 13 feet in height, except for bedrooms which will have drywall to 9 feet.

A major hurdle that has stalled this project is getting the current office tenants out to new spaces, with two major tenants in the building. This is almost complete now, conversion will most likely start 2025.
So the reclad will happen only a few years after the previous reclad?

There will be no reclad, only the 16/17th floor cantilevered amenity space is the major change to the exterior. As well as new windows that are more energy efficient and can be opened.

No new partners have been confirmed, Aspen senior management is keeping pretty hush about all that but they seem really busy around the office.

Back