• So So

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Any word on this?

Last I heard is they were going to start construction in the fall. No sign of that right now. I saw an advertisement where Lamb is offering up to $66,000 off the prices and only 5% down. No other project is being that aggressive so I would say they are desperate to sell units.

A little birdie told me they are around the 40% mark for sales, so maybe they are making a run at getting up into 60% range so they can make a move on it.

It looks like this project is dead. I went past it yesterday afternoon, the big billboard has been painted white and there is paper up in the windows of the sales office.

20171210_105926_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20171210_105926_resized.jpg
    20171210_105926_resized.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Oh damn. That's rough. Good riddance though, we don't need snake oil salesmen like Lamb around here.

Kind of a bummer, but not a surprise at all. The project had two major things going against it.
- condos are tougher sells these days. Lots of high rise rental projects, but not many condos, and all that extra rental inventory doesn’t help the condo market.
- location location location....or lack thereof. It’s not a great location, when you’re competing with condos like Park Point, Parkside or the Royal. Guardian made some sales, in a hot market with cheap prices, and still had lots of units they couldn’t sell.

Oh damn. That's rough. Good riddance though, we don't need snake oil salesmen like Lamb around here.

The man is an ass but, I like his taste in architecture. 6th and 10th was a downer for him. It still holds up pretty well against other developments in the city.

Agreed. Awful timing plus bad location means this one had little hope.

Kind of happy its not going through, 1.) The buildings were going to be in the far east part of the downtown and if you were to look down from the North side of Calgary, they wouldn't have been big enough to extend the skyline view, so hopefully something bigger goes there in a few years to really make it look like our downtown is large . 2.) I think that area could be put to more use when CMLC releases their Victoria park masterplan vision next month. Lets just wait and see, gonna miss the orchard trees though.

I think this one might still be alive. There's a permit in advertising for a temporary sales centre. The old permit was issued in 2014 and they're only good for 3 years, so this may just be a renewal. Or it could be for another project.

I think this one might still be alive. There's a permit in advertising for a temporary sales centre. The old permit was issued in 2014 and they're only good for 3 years, so this may just be a renewal. Or it could be for another project.
I woulda thought Orchard was dead for sure, as I never see or hear anything about it, and its location is off the beaten path.. Being that it's a Brad Lamb project he may be getting out of town investors?

Honestly, fine by me. Didn't love the project to begin with - not usually a fan of boxy, entirely white skyscrapers. Perhaps it's just the render.
Only thing I really liked was the trees.
If it's not dead, I wouldn't mind them doing a redesign.

The temp sales centre was approved, but the BP for the Orchard was cancelled.

Back