Votes: 6 37.5%
  • So So

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Strategic group must have bought up most of the hardiboard/cement board in Calgary. It uses exactly the same detail as their development in Inglewood.
I would definitely agree that the neutral colours are better. There is a project just completed just past the south east corner of Macleod and Mission road,
that seems to have used a similar cladding, with a "cool" white colour. I think it turned out ok, although I don't know much about the project.

Strategic group must have bought up most of the hardiboard/cement board in Calgary. It uses exactly the same detail as their development in Inglewood.
I would definitely agree that the neutral colours are better. There is a project just completed just past the south east corner of Macleod and Mission road,
that seems to have used a similar cladding, with a "cool" white colour. I think it turned out ok, although I don't know much about the project.

Strategic also has another one on Centre Street and 20th (Centro) that is mostly the same material. It's not brilliant material, but I like it better than stucco.

So much better fibre cement board products out there. See First's townhouses in the East Village.

Agreed, only I believe Fram + Slokker used a Moeding product, (either longoton, or alphaton panels) or a similar variant.
They are a terracotta rain-screen system. I may be wrong. Definitely a superior product, although they come in narrower
profiles, which is actually more appealing.

Reactions: AJX
Agreed, only I believe Fram + Slokker used a Moeding product, (either longoton, or alphaton panels) or a similar variant.
They are a terracotta rain-screen system. I may be wrong. Definitely a superior product, although they come in narrower
profiles, which is actually more appealing.
I'm assuming they come in a wider 'price' profile though ;)

But, yes, I like the look of what First used on the townhouse portion.

Strategic also has another one on Centre Street and 20th (Centro) that is mostly the same material. It's not brilliant material, but I like it better than stucco.

I know. Exact same design and materials on their new development at 17th Ave Centre St SW. Lazy company with absolute no regard for how their properties look and play a role in a neighbourhoods look. All they care about is their botton line unfortunately. Would love to see the City have some balls and be influencing some of these lazy developers instead of the other way around.

I like Strategic's project in Mission at 20th Ave. (20-20), but yes, they tend to be all about profit.
I know. Exact same design and materials on their new development at 17th Ave Centre St SW. Lazy company with absolute no regard for how their properties look and play a role in a neighbourhoods look. All they care about is their botton line unfortunately. Would love to see the City have some balls and be influencing some of these lazy developers instead of the other way around.

Turning out better than I expected, the original design was much better though, damn pro forma...

Pretty much sums it up. I called it D grade before, but the realization is probably turning out as more of a C. The original design was more of a B IMO. I'll take what I can get.

(All scales very subjective, this is also one of those Japanese video game scales where S is above A and if you collect all the gems under time limit and find the secret exit you can get SSS. There is no "SS" for obvious reasons.)

Pretty much sums it up. I called it D grade before, but the realization is probably turning out as more of a C. The original design was more of a B IMO. I'll take what I can get.

(All scales very subjective, this is also one of those Japanese video game scales where S is above A and if you collect all the gems under time limit and find the secret exit you can get SSS. There is no "SS" for obvious reasons.)
Yeah I'm of the same mind. It's not earth shattering at all, but I don't know what you'd expect for that location. I'm fine with it, but others like the Torode proposal for Inglewood need more scrutiny IMO, due to the importance of 9th ave.

IMG_9768.JPG
IMG_9769.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9768.JPG
    IMG_9768.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_9769.JPG
    IMG_9769.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 281
Interesting. Such a stark contrast to urbantoronto. Forumers here are a lot more forgiving when it comes to design.

Back