• Terrible

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Strategic's 106 unit residential project.
http://www.strategicgroup.ca/property/one-six/

NCCA150188-R01-716x716.jpg

front-view-768x768.jpg

Attachments

• front-view-768x768.jpg
    front-view-768x768.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 857
  • NCCA150188-R01-716x716.jpg
    NCCA150188-R01-716x716.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 879
What a total dog. And in a fairly visible location too. This is one of those projects where I'd rather they just not build anything, than have to look at this for the next few decades.

Not the prettiest girl on the dance floor, and I understand your line of thinking, but disagree in this one case. I see that lot as a challenge to develop, and was expecting it to sit empty for my lifetime, so I'm happy to see this instead of an dirt lot. Also it might not turn out as bad as the rendering. Here's hoping.

Yeah it's no looker, but it's better than the jack squat that used to be there.

Personally, I think sometimes nothing is better than something...especially when that something will be there for the next half a century. Eg...all the Pointe of View towers in the West Village.

Standards...let's have them.

Oh for sure. I'm just not confident that 16th ave is ever going to amount to much, so I'll take a "D" grade building over and "F" grade lot. And it is made of wood. You can always consider arson. o_O

Personally, I think sometimes nothing is better than something...especially when that something will be there for the next half a century. Eg...all the Pointe of View towers in the West Village.

Standards...let's have them.

True, but to what end? At some point level of design becomes personal opinion. This is only my own opinion, but I would rather this than the empty lot. I'm not saying you're wrong, somewhere in the mix there should be minimum standards, but it's a tough place to draw a line and set a precedent.

I agree that design standards are a murky line at best, but at some point in becomes obviously bad. This is on par with the Torode project in Inglewood or Tarjan Place. I'll take living with the strip mall for another 5 years and have someone try again later.

I'm not saying we have to turn into Vancouver and their design approval boards, but let's at least have a little self respect! It's one thing if it was tucked away in some unseen dank corner of the city, but this is a fairly prominent intersection.

16th is becoming a wasteland of ugly. The nicest looking thing on it may be the Home Depot!

16th has been a wasteland of ugly ever since I can remember ;) I know where you're coming from though, I may disagree with you on this particular development, but the city needs more people with your point of view.

IMG_9557.JPG

IMG_9558.JPG

IMG_9560.JPG

IMG_9561.JPG

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9557.JPG
    IMG_9557.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 791
  • IMG_9558.JPG
    IMG_9558.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 798
  • IMG_9560.JPG
    IMG_9560.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 798
  • IMG_9561.JPG
    IMG_9561.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 820
  • IMG_9563.JPG
    IMG_9563.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 783
  • IMG_9564.JPG
    IMG_9564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 836
The cladding is actually turning out a better than I had anticipated. I still can't do any more than shrug at it, but at least it isn't coming out as nightmarish as those Fish Creek residence towers.

Reminds me a lot of the recently complete Torode Inglewood project, but I prefer these colors, and considering the location I'm mostly happy with it.

This is turning out great compared to the renders! :)

Back