Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

I'd love to see photos Marda Loop pre-2006. I remember it had like a 1-storey stripmall where that tan condo building is now with the Shoppers and Phil & Sebastian's. There was a vacuum rebuilder and a thrift store. And of course the blue metal thing over the intersection of 20th and 33rd, which was painted black and moved nearer to Crowchild.

A74F1382-0FAA-4FB9-8559-B86DC9C6AE38.jpeg

I'd love to see photos Marda Loop pre-2006. I remember it had like a 1-storey stripmall where that tan condo building is now with the Shoppers and Phil & Sebastian's. There was a vacuum rebuilder and a thrift store. And of course the blue metal thing over the intersection of 20th and 33rd, which was painted black and moved nearer to Crowchild.
There's a Marda Loop history project working on this, and also looking for photos www.visitmardaloop.com/history

View attachment 506128
Stayed true to the rendering. It would've been awesome to see another 5-10 of these being built right now in the Beltline/Core. These sort of tower designs may be generic but they're still solid at serving a functional purpose in the health of an urban core.
Especially with the CRU facing the underpass it's better than most

Back