• So so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
That would be ideal.

From the other day, a complete tour of the exterior...

VLod5wsbRmqIpu0PnaD6fg.jpg
iSoyqq0JR++dV7x6hKE9FA.jpg
eCP03KIHS3aXXJ3Mn2COxQ.jpg
fullsizeoutput_32dd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32d9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32d8.jpeg
U9tpD0EISTKto7KBeQQmyA.jpg

When I went on a tour last year, they said that they were trying to find someone to build a boutique hotel in that location. I doubt they have had any luck.

Won’t compete with this but Airdrie is also getting a new library. 50,000 square foot facility going to be built at the location of the old downtown fire hall. I couldn’t find the article saying the decision was made. Only setting aside a little under $30 million for it I think.

This was expensive, but damn did they ever do it right. This marvelous building will be a dominant feature of downtown for our whole lives, and I am glad they spent the money ensuring it was as beautiful as envisioned. I hope Calgary never forgets this example and builds all large cultural projects to the same standard (or at least with the same vision!) Well done.

I stopped by the library this weekend, the first time since February and I am still extremely impressed.

For those who thought the library's vibrancy was going to take a dive after a couple of months when the novelty wore off, they couldn't be more wrong. The place is still buzzing. It's a complete success and arguably Calgary's best public space.

Back