Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We must have just missed each other!

fullsizeoutput_1085.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_108b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1081.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1074.jpeg

Edit: Wow how did it double post all my pics in the same post? Super weird. Fixed.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1085.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1085.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 516
  • fullsizeoutput_108b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108b.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 601
  • fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 500
  • fullsizeoutput_1081.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1081.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 529
  • fullsizeoutput_1074.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1074.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 471
  • fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Great photo updates! One thing that I noticed is that it appears there is no ramp on the eastern side of the library. Did I miss it or is there an elevator on that side to bring people up to the entrance? Just curious on how people with mobility issues and parents with strollers are supposed to access the library from the east village side?

Hi
Its now July. Like to See how Its Looking Come Labour Day Wkd, Any chances of Indoor Shots by then?

Tnx,
Operater.

There won't likely be any indoor shots by anyone, including media. They have a photo ban on until opening day.

Reactions: AJX
Hi,
Woops! Didn't Know there was a Photo Ban on the Inside till Opening Day.

Tnx,
Opedrater.

It’s dark because they cheaped out on the amount of glass on the facade. A great building, but they will miss the “iconic” mark due to removing some of the exterior features that were shown in the original renderings.

The building isn’t oriented to be light gathering. In general we need to get used to light treatments in sustainable building - having bright sunlit spaces is expensive on the operations side.

Hi,

Guess We will see how good the lighting will B once its finally Opened.

Tnx,
Operater,

Great photo updates! One thing that I noticed is that it appears there is no ramp on the eastern side of the library. Did I miss it or is there an elevator on that side to bring people up to the entrance? Just curious on how people with mobility issues and parents with strollers are supposed to access the library from the east village side?

Yep, I remember they had mentioned that wouldn't have enough room to install a ramp that will incline all the way to the entrance so the solution was a 24-hour elevator accessible from the outdoors.

Hopefully this 24h elevator doesn't become a place to do drugs...

I'm sure there will be more lights in there, and once they have the finishes on the inside (assuming they are white or another very light colour) the building should be much brighter.

Back