News   Apr 03, 2020
 5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4K     0 

Calgary Municipal Politics

Which mayoral candidate do you intend to vote for in 2021?

• Jeremy Farkas

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Jyoti Gondek

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Brad Field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Damery

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jeff Davison

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jeff Davison seems to be in the early stages of positioning himself for another run. Anyone think Gondeck will run again?

She's already said she might not run again in 2025, and she definitely doesn't have the popularity to win. The only scenario I see her running again is if the main opponent is some crazy guy like David Parker.

Jeff Davison seems to be in the early stages of positioning himself for another run. Anyone think Gondeck will run again?
I don’t think Davison has enough of the vision thing to go again in a big $ way. He faltered last time when he didn’t show a breakout early enough.

That being said: Calgarians need to start to think about starting associations that can turn into municipal political parties, and develop somewhat coherent base principles and procedures to select slates and start data collection.

It is apparent there will be an entirely different structure to run in and that structure creates very different incentives.

I'd bet on an outsider, or current outsider. Farkas with his maturation perhaps.
I'm expecting him to take a run, and he might actually have a shot. He's softened up and has been re-positioning himself to appear more middle of the road.

Farkas might try and run again, but I doubt he has much of a chance, he was given the stiff boot last time around.

Farkas might try and run again, but I doubt he has much of a chance, he was given the stiff boot last time around.
If he runs I wouldn't count him out. He lost, but got 30% of the vote, which is not insignificant. If he softens his stance and repositions himself a bit, I think he actually has a reasonable chance. That 30% will most likely vote for him again, and it wouldn't surprise me if he picked up a lot of new votes.

A party structure would ensure only one serious challenger to the union backed candidate. I suspect it will be Farkas

Back