News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Municipal Politics

Which mayoral candidate do you intend to vote for in 2021?

• Jeremy Farkas

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Jyoti Gondek

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Brad Field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Damery

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jeff Davison

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
⬆️ Davison’s PAC Calgary Tomorrow is printing and distributing Davison literature. Which in the USA where electoral coordination/collusion issues are litigated more, would be very illegal.

Some recent news stories:

Last edited:
I just found out my next choice for mayor. Jan Damery. She seems very progressive with a good sense of urban planning. She agrees with the need for the "missing middle" in the inner city and meeting our 50/50 growth targets.
I really hope she is able to get her name out there. She's the only hope left.

Don't forget Brad Field's AMA, he is another viable candidate in my opinion if you don't want a sitting Councilllor:

Also worth a watch, CREB's mayoral forum from Tuesday of this week, featuring the top 6 candidates:
He fully supports more greenfield development. Apparently, he used to work for a suburban developer as well. His answer on mixed land use was atrocious.

IMO I think Jan Damery is the best candidate and as a progressive voter, it's hard to make a case otherwise. Her views are very progressive and forward-thinking. For example, she acknowledges youth are leaving the city not only due to poor economic opportunities but due to other factors as well like lack of culture, vibrancy, etc. She's focused on building affordable housing in the inner city by providing the "missing middle" we always talk about this on the development forums. Another thing I got sold on was that she would push for a large tech hub downtown for students, helping to not only create vibrancy downtown but fixing the skills shortage limiting our tech growth. It's almost as if her policies are too good to be true. Gondek and Farkas have got way too much clout just because they're councilors. I really could care less about strategic voting. Let's just say Farkas does win, I highly doubt after his 4-year gong show people will want to elect someone like him ever again. A considerable amount of votes for Jan would likely encourage her to re-run in 2025. Just remember, Nenshi came out of the blue, strategic voting back then would have never allowed us to be rewarded with such a competent mayor. I'll take my chances this election.

Last edited:

Back