Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So so

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
A few others like the Courthouse, and Louise Station have added some color too. Even though Waterfront is mostly gray and beige, it comes across more colorful.

A few others like the Courthouse, and Louise Station have added some color too. Even though Waterfront is mostly gray and beige, it comes across more colorful.

I've also really liked the trend toward colourful lighting on buildings at night. I wish a few more companies would stick gleaming corporte logos on their towers.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a then/now shot to go along with your 1986 Beltline View would you?

Last edited:
Reactions: AJX
My god those old pictures of Calgary are dismal! I know they were taken during the winter, but boy have we come a long way.

I've also really liked the trend toward colourful lighting on buildings at night. I wish a few more companies would stick gleaming corporte logos on their towers.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a then/now shot to go along with your 1986 Beltline View would you?
Yeah, it's be great to see a side by side. Oddball and I will buy you a beer if you can do that. ;)

These are from the weekend. Both towers now topped out.

And in case anyone is wondering, I wasn't driving when taking these pictures.

IMG_9308.JPG

IMG_9310.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9308.JPG
    IMG_9308.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_9310.JPG
    IMG_9310.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_9312.JPG
    IMG_9312.JPG
    925.7 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I didn't think these were all that special to begin with, but woof... They look institutional.

About what you would expect with senior residences. Appreciate the update.

The spandrel & curtainwall cap installation, signage etc, will improve the overall look, though the towers were never going to look fantastic. The podium will look somewhat better, and tie everything together.

There is a more up to date rendering on the website, by the way - ;)

The spandrel & curtainwall cap installation, signage etc, will improve the overall look, though the towers were never going to look fantastic. The podium will look somewhat better, and tie everything together.

There is a more up to date rendering on the website, by the way - ;)
Tried to get the newer version of the rendering, but their website seems to be down right now. It's late, so maybe it's down for maintenance.

Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing.

-JRR Tolkien
(The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, Book IV, Chapter VIII: The Stairs of Cirith Ungol)

Back