Louis on 9th | ?m | 12s | Landstar

Changes to Site Plan on this one: "Multi-Use Commercial (refurbish building facade, parking, waste and recycling enclosure, landscaped seating area); Change of Use: Artist's Studio, Retail and Consumer Service, Restaurant: Food Service Only, Restaurant: Licensed" https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=DP2021-6382

Marginal improvement on the existing structure but at least its something. The patio along 9th is good I guess.

Inglewood.JPG

Old below
Inglewood2.JPG

Oh, that'll be the kind of small improvement that makes a big difference; more active street front, and a great spot for patios. The existing parking along 9th was just incredibly offensive -- I never like parking on a high street, but the existing parking took up huge amounts of space, all to permit three (3) measly vehicles to park in front of the store rather than 50 feet away on the side.

Oh, that'll be the kind of small improvement that makes a big difference; more active street front, and a great spot for patios. The existing parking along 9th was just incredibly offensive -- I never like parking on a high street, but the existing parking took up huge amounts of space, all to permit three (3) measly vehicles to park in front of the store rather than 50 feet away on the side.
I think the parking is still there, they're really only changing the strip along 9th. But Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

There are 3 parking spots between the sidewalk and the building currently, this does away with those and gives the space to a patio.

So is the condo proposal dead in the water then?

Not sure how solid the condo proposal ever was. There has never been talk of a DP as far as I know, but the upzoning did get approved I think. For all the drama those 3-4 big projects in Inglewood caused, they seem to have all gone very, very quiet. Haven't had an update from RNDSQR on theirs in ages, including it seems any advancement on the development permit. And no movement from Hungerford either.

Not sure how solid the condo proposal ever was. There has never been talk of a DP as far as I know, but the upzoning did get approved I think. For all the drama those 3-4 big projects in Inglewood caused, they seem to have all gone very, very quiet. Haven't had an update from RNDSQR on theirs in ages, including it seems any advancement on the development permit. And no movement from Hungerford either.
They faced a lot of opposition from the community association, I imagine that can make organizing money challenging.

They faced a lot of opposition from the community association, I imagine that can make organizing money challenging.
I'm sure RNDSQR will go and the Hungerford ones are probably going to happen eventually, but the Landstar one has a 0% chance of getting built. Organizing money isn't the issue so much as having an actual team that is ready to develop/construct.

PXL_20220821_225753016~2.jpg
PXL_20220821_225839911~2.jpg

From Car-Free Sunday yesterday in Inglewood. A ton better than the appliance store; the front is five CRUs - burgers, bubble tea, donairs (a Regina-based chain), ice cream and one TBD. The side has a tailoring/alterations place and a pet supply store, one CRU left in leasing. An artist collective in the upstairs unit. The front patio is cheap but looks effective (it was seconds away from raining when I was there). The mural on the east side of the building (an arch with a bunch of old-timey people) is gone, not sure if that's for the renos and it's coming back or not. Overall, a B+ refit; function is much better for the main street and it's environmentally friendly to keep an existing building for several more years. Points docked for the cheap-looking finish and the incredible prominence of the gas meters. In related notes, the former Starbucks next door is now an independent French bistro, Au Croque Monsieur.

The placement of those gas meters is horrendous. The city shouldn't be approving a DP for meters in those locations without screening.

Mechanical Screening

1360 Mechanical systems or equipment located outside of a building shall be positioned, camouflaged or screened from view of a public space, or from view of a parcel designated as a residential district, located within 30.0 metres of the equipment, using a line of sight of 1.7 metres above grade.

Back