Lincoln | 126m | 37s | Truman

12c47c90-2fba-427d-bade-bea39e7b145f.jpg

Pretty pricy.

I’m all for Truman seemingly the only builder starting projects, but I hope they don’t import Toronto/Vancouver condo sizes/prices/investors en masse. Anyone in Calgary knows these are unrealistic prices/rents. It has to be investor purchases because you can find much, much better pricing in resales

I thought the price is fair on 2-3beds at 750-850/sqft. This is prices that are 5 years from now. Isn’t the closest comparable at Park Point currently selling at 650-700/sqft?
The rent is optimistic but not too off, Rent in downtown Toronto luxury condo is at $4.5-5/sqft right now and Calgary might catch this level by 2030?

I'm quite happy. The unit sizes and prices have a long way to go to catch Toronto. The Gable in a shithole like Waterloo would be $600,000 without the parking incentives. I'm not going bother with the projected rental rates. There are as meaningful as a closing date.

These condos represent supply. Supply and demand will dictate rent price. No investor is going to leave a suite perennially vacant if they can't get their target rent. Ultimately, more supply equals lower rent price.

More housed bodies downtown equals more vibrancy.

And these are nice buildings that will add to the skyline.

I hope Toronto and Vancouver investors finance 30,000 condos here. Would be great for vibrancy and affordability.

These condos represent supply. Supply and demand will dictate rent price. No investor is going to leave a suite perennially vacant if they can't get their target rent. Ultimately, more supply equals lower rent price.

More housed bodies downtown equals more vibrancy.

And these are nice buildings that will add to the skyline.

I hope Toronto and Vancouver investors finance 30,000 condos here. Would be great for vibrancy and affordability.
While that's great for renters, some people can have preference for owning. With a large influx of investors, it makes it harder for people to own. I know people have different opinions on whether "ownership" is necessary but that is the preference for many Canadians.

Investors taking suites off market for not renting after the real estate contract has ended happens all the time. The driving force in Toronto are large scale investors. They don't have just one unit. They have portfolios of hundreds or even thousands "banked". Growth is their priority. It's not renting every unit or at underperforming rates

30,000 units is also a drop in the bucket.

Half a million for 500 square feet? Jesus Christ.

I've seen this before.. One unit of each kind that is marked off as sold.. The rest have square foot prices similar to the one bedrooms. On the bright side, I see no reason for tricks like this with large investors buying out large blocks including the whole building

Back