News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Calgary International Airport

Westjet has filled a May schedule change:

YQM is now daily in May (changed from June)
YYG is resuming in May (changed from June)
YQT is resuming in May (changed from June)

787 has been removed from YYC-YYZ and will now be strictly flying international
dont worry bro, they use 737 MAX 8 to fly those flights. not 787.

Westjet has filled a May schedule change:

YQM is now daily in May (changed from June)
YYG is resuming in May (changed from June)
YQT is resuming in May (changed from June)

787 has been removed from YYC-YYZ and will now be strictly flying international
here is the reference. 787s are still base in YYC, they just use 737 max 8 to fly those flights, sounds crazy right?

dont worry bro, they use 737 MAX 8 to fly those flights. not 787. 787s are still base in YYC, they just use 737 max 8 to fly those flights, sounds crazy right?
??

Im confused? Are you being sarcastic or did you just misunderstand my post? Im just relaying the updated schedule. Im well aware that the 787 is based in YYC.

The 787 has been traditionally used on YYC-YYZ flights year round, the new additions in the international schedule will eliminate these.

Also, YQT, YYG and YQM are all flown on a 737-700, none of these routes use a MAX 8.

Last edited:
??

Im confused? Are you being sarcastic or did you just misunderstand my post? Im just relaying the updated schedule. Im well aware that the 787 is based in YYC.

The 787 has been traditionally used on YYC-YYZ flights year round, the new additions in the international schedule will eliminate these.

Also, YQT, YYG and YQM are all flown on a 737-700, none of these routes use a MAX 8.
Yes I just misunderstood lol. Hahaha

More WestJet Scheduling Updates:

NEW YYC-YDF (Deer Lake NL) 4x Weekly beginning may 17th

WS415 YYC 21:30 - 06:07+1 B737-7
WS521 YDF 07:00 - 09:08 B737-4

YUL is now 6x weekly down from 7

YQQ now 11 weekly and mainline
Lots of flights are now getting mainline frames including YMM, YQU, and YCD which is interesting to me.
Also LAX is now 4x dailya couple days of the week, WS really seems to be capitalizing on 6th freedom flights to connect to Europe and Asia

Is Gros Morne NP that big of a draw? Unless I am missing something that seems like a pretty remote location to have a 4x weekly scheduled flight to.

YUL is now 6x weekly down from 7

YQQ now 11 weekly and mainline
Lots of flights are now getting mainline frames including YMM, YQU, and YCD which is interesting to me.
Also LAX is now 4x dailya couple days of the week, WS really seems to be capitalizing on 6th freedom flights to connect to Europe and Asia
Are they just using Swoop/Sunwing "mainline" aircrafts? That's probably why because they added a whole bunch to the fleet.

Are they just using Swoop/Sunwing "mainline" aircrafts? That's probably why because they added a whole bunch to the fleet.
Swoop aircraft are being used by WS on mainline now, even with the Swoop livery, I don't thing Sunwing is being used.

Is Gros Morne NP that big of a draw? Unless I am missing something that seems like a pretty remote location to have a 4x weekly scheduled flight to.
NFLND is a huge tourism draw, especially in the summer.

If WS has scheduled the flight they have likely put a good amount of research into understanding if there will be demand for it, im going to saw it will do alright. Im surprised we saw this over something like Sydney NS.

Last edited:
.If WS has scheduled the flight they have likely put a good amount of research into understanding if there will be demand for it, im going to saw it will do alright. Im surprised we saw this over something like Sydney NS.
I hope a flight to Sydney NS will make a reappearance in the near future.

Back