News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary International Airport

It's looking like Hainan is going to pull the plug on the PEK flight very soon. Nothing confirmed but lots of rumours out there about it. Not even sure if it will be just a reduction to summer seasonal or gone.
Frustrating to see when the YTD numbers are looking nice and strong, how can YYC take those numbers and convert them into sustainable year round international destinations (not counting sun stuff)?
Too bad about the Hainan flight. I think that sometime it'll get filled again, via another airline, or possibly something to Shanghai. We've seen many a flights get canceled only to return later.

It's looking like Hainan is going to pull the plug on the PEK flight very soon. Nothing confirmed but lots of rumours out there about it. Not even sure if it will be just a reduction to summer seasonal or gone.
Frustrating to see when the YTD numbers are looking nice and strong, how can YYC take those numbers and convert them into sustainable year round international destinations (not counting sun stuff)?
1545699520694.png

It probably has everything to do with the number of international passengers declining sometime mid-june rather rapidly despite every other statistc growing by a very substantial amount from the last 2 years. Once Calgary's oil industry starts doing better again, I'm sure you can expect international numbers to jump considerably, but that may take a few years. Till then, just more people going away for vacation(and maybe even going to vacation here ;) ) that will boost these counts.

Last edited:
Austin. Nice to have another American destination from YYC. I wonder what kind of loads they'll get? I've always thought of Austin as a place I'd like to check out, but had planned to go top Houston, and then drive to Austin, and then down to San Antonio and then back to Houston.

Hard to believe YYC has already topped 17 Million passengers. I remember when it hit double digits, it doesn't seem that long ago.

YYC still going strong despite the economy. YUL has pulled ahead with some distance, but considering Montreal is three times the population, and it's by far the primary airport for the province of Quebec (8 Million people) YYC is looking good. The chart doesn't show stats for YYZ, but it musty be getting close to 50 Million.

Image3.jpg

Back