News   Apr 03, 2020
 5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4K     0 

Calgary International Airport

“While WestJet guests will benefit from the additional capacity across the airline’s network, the aircraft will not immediately reflect the interior cabin experience, synonymous with the WestJet Group. Updating and refreshing the interior cabins of the aircraft will be prioritized as part of the airlines’ existing fleet reconfiguration plans, to ensure a consistent experience for guests across its operation as soon as possible.”

So the interiors of the previous airline that used these aircraft will be kept for an indeterminate amount of time? Great just great! 🤨

Seems the Discover MUC flights are planned as year-round as well. They also are replacing some of the FRA flights too, reduced back to 1x daily.
Was the change from FRA in the announcement? Newish Calgarian but why is Calgary such a big draw for Germans? Some days in the summer there are 3x daily with Discover and Condor, and now 5x weekly year round from MUC. I know the rockies but definitely much higher demand from there than other parts of Europe.

Was the change from FRA in the announcement? Newish Calgarian but why is Calgary such a big draw for Germans? Some days in the summer there are 3x daily with Discover and Condor, and now 5x weekly year round from MUC. I know the rockies but definitely much higher demand from there than other parts of Europe.
Airlines don’t usually announce reductions in services.

But compared to this summer, next year Discover shows 7x weekly FRA and 5x MUC. (This year it’s 12x FRA).

Overall it’s the same capacity but they’ve split it over 2 destinations.

What are the chances we get an upgrade to Lufthansa for the FRA flight? Not enough business/premium demand for what I’d call mainline service?

But compared to this summer, next year Discover shows 7x weekly FRA and 5x MUC. (This year it’s 12x FRA).

Overall it’s the same capacity but they’ve split it over 2 destinations.
Oh okay, still a decent gain overall. I'd rather two destinations split up then all of them to one.

April stats for YYC out. Similar to March with domestic seeing a drop, but trans-border and international up.

1717553522659.png

1717553536214.png

1717553548259.png

Back