Inglewood Fire Hall Development | 42m | 12s | RNDSQR | S2

The DP for this one has been submitted:

1694193116054.png

12 stories, 42.2m to top of mechanical. Roof is 38.43m.

The DP for this one has been submitted:

View attachment 505087

12 stories, 42.2m to top of mechanical. Roof is 38.43m.
I mean the non-podium design is umm plain but that SW corner of the podium is kind of cool.

Is this below market housing?

Edit: Also just realized that Crown Outdoor and Tactical has a active land use application.

1694193809789.png

Last edited:
There's two residential buildings on top of fire stations in the downtown core, plus the Delta Hotel. They'll be fine.

Hope they have some really good soundproofing in the walls and floors!
Probably not a bad idea - although I really doubt a fire station would be any louder than the CP Rail mainline + too permanently popular giant patio breweries a few dozen metres away.

Overall - great design. Simple, clean, attention to details on the ground floor, and big density in about as good of a spot for it that exists. Inglewood is so sparse, the ~200 units here represent about 10% growth of the existing housing stock for the entire neighbourhood. Bring it on.

Also loving the art pieces on the bottoms of all the balconies. Unique at least for Calgary. Also really dope that it includes retail on 12 Street and 11 Ave.

Last edited:
I hope this is true to the renderings. I love the little detail of black and white patterns under each balcony. A nice touch!

I’m trying to decide if there are any nods to the old fire hall where the Hose and Hound is. If so, they are fairly subtle (aside from maybe the red brick and arched doorways). Would have been cool to incorporate some more design elements from the old fire hall.

I mean the non-podium design is umm plain but that SW corner of the podium is kind of cool.

Is this below market housing?

Edit: Also just realized that Crown Outdoor and Tactical has a active land use application.

View attachment 505094

Sorry to spam this but comments on the Crown Outdoor and Tactical closes today:
1700519662676.png

Here's what they're proposing: residential and street-oriented w/ commercial use, increase from 6 to 12 stories, and tripling the floor area
1700519678069.png

Back