News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

Walked by the crescent road mansion yesterday, and they were installing quite the unique entrance feature. Nothing says welcome like a flaming corridor....
PXL_20210106_204815498.MP.jpg

"nothing says welcome like a flaming corridor" literally made me burst out laughing 😂 Genius.

I'd hope/assume whomever designs and supplies the roof members would provide piggyback trusses to create a peak within those valleys.

Wild guess, did you build a roof with a valley in Calgary?
didn't build, but own. It collects a lot of snow and we get some pretty bad ice damming in the corner (perpendicular roof slopes which meet at the valley) . Also when we get heavy rains it overwhelms the eavestrough and pours over the side.

The ice damming should be fixable, just need to add some more attic insulation and make sure there is good air flow up there.

didn't build, but own. It collects a lot of snow and we get some pretty bad ice damming in the corner (perpendicular roof slopes which meet at the valley) . Also when we get heavy rains it overwhelms the eavestrough and pours over the side.

The ice damming should be fixable, just need to add some more attic insulation and make sure there is good air flow up there.
Pretty much my answer. Using an ice and water shield (type of membrane under the shingles) will help, same with valley flashing, but over the years water WILL force it's way in there, mostly from ice daming.

Last edited:

Back