Heritage Station Towers | 85m | 28s | Westcorp | GEC

I get the sense that these towers will be charcoal aluminum panels, and won’t end up anything too special. Still, I’m happy about this, it’s a win overall with the disappearance of a dirt lot next to an LRT station, and the addition of more density near an LRT station.

What happened to the plan to build a seniors' living tower to the north of this site? Some small scale buildings were demolished about 3 years ago, so the project seemed imminent
That tower has an approved DP, I believe Graywood was developing it? Still no sign of a start on that one. It was similar height to these I believe so it would be cool to see 3 towers going up in this area at the same time.

Anyone up for some nostalgia? Some old pics and stuff. Click Here for some extra nostalgia.

1702950920648.jpeg

1702951149816.png

1702951117921.png

1702951187685.png

1702951093480.png

Insane how it took close to 2 decades for phase 2 to arrive! Better late than never.

I wonder when the empty lots at the corner of Macleod and Heritage will see any action. Strategic had a plan for office buildings there at one point iirc.

Glad to see this potentially going forward. I don't really care about the design that much, Horton Road is nasty and needs more development. Hopefully more of these developments around Heritage Station go ahead.

The game changer for the area would be the land between Horton and Macleod. It's interesting that the land use was better around here 28 years ago than it is today.

From 1995, waterslides and a few other buildings. The Y would've been still up and running across Haddon Road too.
Screenshot 2023-11-27 074544.png

And the slides are gone by 2001.
Screenshot 2023-11-27 074632.png

I still think the solution is to leave that intersection at grade, and put the tracks in a trench. Anything else would require a nightmare of ramps that would be good for getting traffic through quickly, but terrible at unlocking sites for development, terrible for buses and terrible for pedestrians, all right next to a train station.

Incidentally I looked at some historical aerial shots myself, and noticed that the Macleod overpass over the tracks was there before Heritage Drive, or any nearby buildings, even existed. So that kind of explains why it got the rural highway treatment with respect to the tracks.

Back