Glo | 15.85m | 5s | Russell RED | Casola Koppe

I actually don't mind this one at all. It's certainly better than Ven. I love the extensive use of brick. My biggest critiques are that the brick should go up to the fourth floor on all three areas, and that the main entrance should be centred under the middle brick area.
Same here. It looks fine to me. It's about what I would expect for the area.

Updated rendering:

GLO 2nd Avenue.jpg

Attachments

• GLO 2nd Avenue.jpg
    GLO 2nd Avenue.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 910
Not too sure, this new rendering shows how they've attempted to break up the vertical massing a little more. I think community feedback showed they wanted an effort placed to respect the single family/townhome form in the neighbourhood. So the more prominent 5 sections of vertical appear to be their solution to that.

Looks much better.

Not too sure, this new rendering shows how they've attempted to break up the vertical massing a little more. I think community feedback showed they wanted an effort placed to respect the single family/townhome form in the neighbourhood. So the more prominent 5 sections of vertical appear to be their solution to that.

The massing is significantly improved from what I recall. The original was really quite heavy, so its its nice to see the articulation.

Good filler. Is Russell Real Estate Development related to Harvey Russell (CBRE)?

Attachments

• RusselRed.jpg
    RusselRed.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 639
  • RusselRed2.jpg
    RusselRed2.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 638
Oh man I'm across the street from this site. Ive been wondering what they are going to do there .Bigger than I expected. Looks like a solid addition.

There is a small area around the LRT that allows a higher density compared to the rest of Sunnyside/Hillhurst. This one falls into the "Medium-Density" TOD zone. I don't expect we see anything as big in the non- TOD area of Sunnyside.
ARP.PNG

Attachments

• ARP.PNG
    ARP.PNG
    222.8 KB · Views: 699
I don’t think the NIMBY’s will get very far with their opposition to this one. Both Land Use and DP are approved and there’s nothing offensive about the scale/design of this for that location.
Exactly, with the two approved, there's not much that anyone can do to oppose it, nor should they, it's something that fits into the area well.

Back