Glenbow Museum | 43m | 9s | DIALOG

So are we thinking that those gaps between the panels will remain? They are really obvious and killing the flow of things.

Hopefully somewhere out there a company is putting together a big order of white grout.

When I look at the renders, I see the gaps reflected in them so my guess is that the gaps are intentional and will remain.

Screenshot_20231211_093123_Chrome.jpg

I think you will still see the seam for sure, but to me it looks like the seam has been filled in with a grout in the renderings just like tiles have. I don't see a massive black canyon of darkness that you are currently seeing with them put up. Plus, if they are not sealed then water will get into them and start to destroy the inside. If they are not sealing them, than it is a massive failure design wise.

So are we thinking that those gaps between the panels will remain? They are really obvious and killing the flow of things.
Hopefully somewhere out there a company is putting together a big order of white grout.

I think you will still see the seam for sure, but to me it looks like the seam has been filled in with a grout in the renderings just like tiles have. I don't see a massive black canyon of darkness that you are currently seeing with them put up. Plus, if they are not sealed then water will get into them and start to destroy the inside. If they are not sealing them, than it is a massive failure design wise.

I previously posted this:
It's way easier to treat it as a rainscreen and provide gaps for drying.
I highly doubt they will fill the gaps. Attempting to prevent water ingress would inevitably result significant damage - gaps need to be provided for drying, and they need to be of a minimum size to prevent the capillary effect.

This doesn't mean I'm a fan of those panel gaps, plenty of other cladding options could have been used. But you should at least know what you're talking about before condemning the work as a failure.

If I recall it use be concrete and then black tar under the panels; now it is blueskin, roxul, and then the panel. Between the existing concrete exterior, blueskin, and the roxul this building should definitely be more environmentally efficient. The panel gaps are fine to me, once again it is something we notice but most won't.

Also the gaps allow someone to free climb it one day, that should be exciting.

Back