File Title: 2nd Floor Gallery ↓
17_2ndfloorgallery_web-2000x1125.jpg

File Title: Eventspace ↓
25_eventspace_web-2000x1125.jpg

File Title: 5th Floor Lobby ↓
24_5thfloorlobby_web-2000x1125.jpg

File Title: Sculpture Garden ↓
31_sculpturegarden_web-2000x1125.jpg

There are also detailed floor layouts for the new building available here: https://www.glenbow.org/renovation-plan/

I'm guessing they haven't released any details about the programming yet. It's interesting that these renderings make the Glenbow look like a standard art museum. However, the existing building had very little space dedicated to conventional paintings and sculpture. It was mostly an anthropological and local history museum. Almost every gallery was themed, "edu-tainment" style. It will be interesting to see what parts of the collection make it into the new building. I would be quite happy if they lent out their local history (including local military history) collection to Fort Calgary, Heritage Park, and the Military Museum. Like seriously, how many museums does Calgary need to display WWI uniforms and vintage gas station signs.

The statement mentions that they have received $152 million so far in funding which is the same number mentioned during the Shaw funding announcement. So this appears to just be a reaffirmation of funding.
So, the federal amount hadn't been announced. Glenbow has accidentally implied or announced the federal contribution multiple times, including about a year ago. I imagine if COVID-19 had proceeded better, it would have been announced earlier.

Likely the deal was signed about a year ago, and they haven't been very careful about the communications annex in the agreement which requires a months notice if any communications is going out about the project's federal involvement.

Back