General Block | 6.71m | 2s | RNDSQR | FAAS Architecture

Honestly, crap like this needs to be dealt with the old school way. A nice public flogging to send a message....

I'm no fan of graffiti, especially ugly stuff covering up a mural like this... But I find this one example kind of hard to get too bent out of shape over. The reason is that there were a few years where anywhere you looked in Bridgeland, something was tagged with that exact same sleeping snoopy. Garbage bins, storefronts, road signs, light posts, you name it.

Now, I'm out of the loop on who this artist is, but it looks to me like they got their start spraying graffiti all over the neighbourhood. Seems a bit ironic.

Now I'll also say that having walked around the neighbourhood today, whoever tagged General Block also hit several other businesses in the area. It's a total dick move, and it does piss me off. I just think that calling for the electric chair or public flogging may be a bit extreme here.

Calling for flogging and electric chair is beyond ridiculous... it's either laughable or just straight-up insane. It's graffiti, get over it. It sucks, but if you believe graffiti artists should be flogged and/or executed, you are a far bigger problem in our society than they are.

Looking forward to seeing the solution RNDSQR comes up with.

Calling for flogging and electric chair is beyond ridiculous... it's either laughable or just straight-up insane. It's graffiti, get over it. It sucks, but if you believe graffiti artists should be flogged and/or executed, you are a far bigger problem in our society than they are.

Seems it was just a placeholder for a larger mural anyways

Obviously it’s hyperbole and no one would actually be executed or flogged. I can confidently state that I personally contribute more to society than these losers ever will. What would be your punishment if you caught these artists? I would also use the word “artist” very loosely when describing a bunk of punks who couldn’t spell or draw a stick man to save their lives.

Eeesh.

I’m not currently hiring a team of lawyers taking it to the Supreme Court. It was a few words on a forum in full hyperbole.

The limp noodle responses are why this stuff happens.

Back