Frontier | 30m | 8s | Truman | S2 Architecture

The schematics and whatnot are available on the DMAP now.

Looks great, pretty big space on the main floor for a grocery store, and lots of other CRU's with good street presence on the south, east and west sides of the building. This will be a massive boost to west hillhurst. Between a significant number of new residents, plus almost single handedly creating a whole new retail node, this project will do wonders for the area.

Hopefully this marks the beginning of transforming Kensington Road. I'd love for Kensington Road to be relatively vibrant from 10th Street to Crowchild. As it is, west of 14th Street is over built and under utilized. I think there's great potential to make this a really pleasant and vibrant strip. Drop it to one lane in each direction, add some curb cuts, maybe a bike lane, widen the side walks, plant some trees and you're well on your way to a half decent street.

Interesting. Looks to have been revised a bit. There will be 9 stories on the north elevation, 29 meters total height. 8 stories on south elevation due to grocery store requiring double height ceilings. Likely the reason for the overall height increase too.

It will tie in wonderfully to the burgeoning 19 Street retail corridor.

Interesting. Looks to have been revised a bit. There will be 9 stories on the north elevation, 29 meters total height. 8 stories on south elevation due to grocery store requiring double height ceilings. Likely the reason for the overall height increase too.

It will tie in wonderfully to the burgeoning 19 Street retail corridor.

19 ST active transport bridge across the Bow would be great for this too.

I haven't seen much marketing for it, but do remember they launched marketing a few months ago targeting a very Ontario investor specific market. Perhaps they sold out in days, similar to First & Park, and what they appear to be on track for with Mondrian.

Image233.jpg

16B8EE5B-6019-458B-AEA6-952126FCEA4F.jpeg

Last edited:
I worked on the 1918 midrise across this site back in 2016. It was actually suppose to be a phased development by Truman. However, at the time, this second phase was put on hold due to the poor economy. Nice to see it make its way back around for development.

Back