News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

Kuzmenko scored for us and Lindholm scored 2 for the Canucks, both parties happy with the trade after 1 game lol.

Oilers lost, very happy about that!
If this thing Conroy has going works, he'll be a god.
The Conploy:
  1. Sell your UFAs, unless you can resign them to a reasonable term and dollar.
  2. Try to get draft picks and young guys blocked by other team's top guys in return.
  3. Resist the urge to go all-in too early (like Tre did every damn season the flames were an okay team)
  • Keep your draft picks until it is time to go all-in.

Last edited:
Rumours about Markstrom are heating up as we get closer to the trade deadline. I for one really really hope we don't trade him, good goalies are hard to come by!
No use in keeping a good goalie that will make you mediocre instead of bad. Think of the Kipper years...

The Flames are like that abusive partner that you keep going back to. They lose to Columbus and Chicago and I had all but written them off, then they beat Boston, the Devils and the Islanders and play a very solid game against the Rangers and I think hey, this team actually could actually make the playoffs and maybe even upset a team.
Then comes the usual letdown 😐. Honestly, I want this team to just start losing already , not for the draft picks but because I can’t stand the roller coaster ride.

Monahan with the natural hat trick against the Flames yesterday, glad to see that guy doing good!

I still think we should trade Hanifin and Tanev and leave the rest alone. This team can still compete, so a batch of high draft picks and a few prospects and we are right back in the middle of things.

Dear Abby: I have a problem. In a span of 3 weeks my favorite hockey team beats Boston twice, beats the Islanders and the Devils, a couple of decent teams and they beat a couple more strong teams in Winnipeg and Edmonton…. but in that same span, they lose to Chicago, San Jose, and Columbus.
I’m so tempted to start cheering for them again, but I know that will only cause me heartbreak! Please advise.

Yours truly, confused Flames fan

If only they had won at least two of games they were supposed to win (SJ, Columbus, Chi) it would be a completely different picture....maybe more complicated in that they would look very competitive for a playoff spot and even a team that might upset someone, given their recent wins against Boston, Edmonton and Winnipeg, etc.

I still think we're sellers come the deadline.

If only they had won at least two of games they were supposed to win (SJ, Columbus, Chi) it would be a completely different picture....maybe more complicated in that they would look very competitive for a playoff spot and even a team that might upset someone, given their recent wins against Boston, Edmonton and Winnipeg, etc.

I still think we're sellers come the deadline.
They could sell and still get in and upset a top seed. Nothing like a bunch of naive kids and old veterans running around against a tight team like the Oilers that have pressure to get to the second round.

Great game against LA last night, still 5 points out of the playoffs though. Once Tanev and Hanifin are gone, the wheels will fall off I'm sure.
I have a gut feeling they’re going to trade Markstrom as well.
Even though they’ve been beating some good teams lately, I still don’t have confidence they can win when they need to.

From listening the many talking heads and my own opinion Stars nailed this trade. Trying to convince myself that we got enough back, depending on which story I read it goes from maybe not to fair. We also will never know how much Tanev's 10 team no trade clause played into this and limiting the Flames negotiating position

Back