News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

If the Heat don't play in the Saddledome (because it's already kind of busy with the Hitman, Roughnecks, and Flames) The other arena's in Calgary they could play in are:
  • Father David Bauer Arena. Seating Capacity: 1,750
  • Tsuut'ina Seven Chiefs Sportsplex main arena. Seating capacity: 2,000
  • Max Bell Centre – Ken Bracko Arena. Seating capacity: 2,121
  • Winsport International Arena. Seating Capacity: 2,940 + 4 Skyboxes (capacity per box: 30) + 400 standing room = 3,460

I expect they would play the Saddledome, I don't know what they expect for attendance numbers but the Hitmen were pulling low to mid 7,000 pre-covid. If they don't play there I think playing at Seven Chiefs would be the best spot for them. New arena, good access with the ring road (though I expect transit is sorely lacking), and enough of a population base in close proximity that you should be able to fill the arena. I think winsport is an international size rink so I don't know if that would work.

They will play in the Dome, there isn't really an alternative. Winsport would be a good choice except it's international size ice. What should happen with this team is Airdrie, Okotoks or Cochrane should build a 5000 seat arena!

They will play in the Dome, there isn't really an alternative. Winsport would be a good choice except it's international size ice. What should happen with this team is Airdrie, Okotoks or Cochrane should build a 5000 seat arena!
Airdrie needs to step it up and build a proper high level arena. City council has been quoted before saying they won’t even look at building an arena fit for Jr. A. So not much chance of a proper 5000+ seat arena being built here unless the Flames pay for it 🤣. I would support the team if they played here in town.

Was surprised to see Tanev back, he played good but was clearly having shoulder and back issues. Markstrom looked like the goalie Vancouver let walk, not stoked on him long term if he folds under pressure in the playoffs. His drop in performance is the 2nd worst in playoff history!

Yeah, it was nice to see Tanev back hopefully he can get the pain out of his shoulder.

Not sure how this series is going to go, but hopefully the flames can at least win a couple more and force a game seven. In all Games except for game three, the Flames have played well enough to win, it’s unfortunate they didn’t get the bounces in game two or game four but we’ll see maybe they’ll get some better luck in game five.
Last night after the third Edmonton goal, Markstrom actually played pretty well and looked like a goalie who belongs in the NHL hopefully he can carry that on.

Didn't expect that result from the first BoA in 31 years, Flames looked like the team that lost to Colorado in 2019, disjointed and overmatched. Lots of positives to build on though, hopefully we can keep Johnny and Chucky in the fold next year without having to give up too much. Go Avs I guess :(

I didn’t expect that result either, but from my perspective I thought they were better than the team that lost to Colorado. In the Colorado series I felt like the flames were never in it except for game one which was pretty much an even game despite the score.
In this series I think the flames were the better team and game one Edmonton was the better team in game three, but I think that the other three games could’ve gone either way in fact in all three of the other games the score was tied in the third. Calgary just didn’t capitalize on her chances, where’s with Colorado they were completely out played every game except for the first game.

At any rate it’s a loss, and there are a number of areas to blame for the loss. Sad that it didn’t at least go to six or seven games.

Back