Eisenberg | ?m | 3s | NORR

Has to be going ahead. I'd hope the city wouldn't allow a demolition of a property on a street like this without it proceeding to construction but as I type this I can't help but know from past experience how stupid I'm being. Of course the city would.

They're starting to fill up. A boxing/fitness place and pet store went in where the mattress place was. Both tea places are getting a refab. The one that's two storeys on the west side of 10th is being divided into small market stalls. More are already rented than all of Horizon :)

The old salon south of there is now becoming the sales center for Theodore.

The insurance place south of Second Cup moved so hopefully we get something more useful there.

Wow, surprised to see it happen so quick. Was walking around the Kensington area a few weeks ago and there are quite a few holes (vacant bays) in the retail landscape of both 10th Street and Kensington Road.

There was talk of a Tim Horton's going into the spot where Maurya was. Did that ever go in?

They're starting to fill up. A boxing/fitness place and pet store went in where the mattress place was. Both tea places are getting a refab. The one that's two storeys on the west side of 10th is being divided into small market stalls. More are already rented than all of Horizon :)

The old salon south of there is now becoming the sales center for Theodore.

The insurance place south of Second Cup moved so hopefully we get something more useful there.

Yup. The Tim Hortons is there. Reasonably busy whenever I pop in...which isn't often. So take that with a grain of salt.
Also filling in is the space next to HSBC. A fitness studio is doing renos.

I remember there was an uproar over the Tim's. I noticed the renos at HSBC recently...was hoping it would be a resto or something, but a fitness studio is still better than the bank.

Has to be going ahead. I'd hope the city wouldn't allow a demolition of a property on a street like this without it proceeding to construction but as I type this I can't help but know from past experience how stupid I'm being. Of course the city would.
I've heard through the grapevine that they are going ahead.

The city does not have the power to force anyone to construct anything, and an owner can demolish a building (unless it has heritage protection, and even then the enforcement is limited). Anyone can apply for a demo permit at any time and there is no legislation for the city to say no.

The city does not have the power to force anyone to construct anything, and an owner can demolish a building (unless it has heritage protection, and even then the enforcement is limited). Anyone can apply for a demo permit at any time and there is no legislation for the city to say no.
Correct, and when you apply for a demo permit, there is no tie back to a new DP of BP.

IMG_0581.JPG

I went past this site this morning and there is no equipment on site anymore. Did they decide to demo and halt?

The Hillhurst Hardware store appears to be permanently closed now (at least it has been the last few times I've been by there). I'm wondering if the hardware store has sold out to the developer and they're now in the process of consolidating the parcels and expanding the scale of the proposed development?

Back