• Good

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • So-So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wowzers. Now I wish I owned a hard hat.

Hi Skyrise Calgary! Thank you for the kind words and constructive feedback on Dominion - we've referred to these photos more than a few times when discussing finishing details.

We're reaching out because as much attention as the exterior architecture is getting, there's interior features and design ideas that are also interesting and relevant to those passionate about buildings.

The purpose of this post is to offer you a hard hat tour of Dominion at 2pm on either March 18th or 25th before we open to the public. This tour will be led by the construction team, so this won't be a sales pitch with brochures, registration cards, price lists, etc.. The content will be relevant to those active in the design and construction of purpose-built market rental buildings. If this is not you, we would be happy to share information about leasing etc. but we ask that you connect with our leasing team (rent@dominionyyc.com).

Tours should be about 30-45 mins and if you'd like to join us, please email homes@bucci.com

Thanks again!

Ps: please bring your own PPE appropriate for an active site.
Thanks for the posting this. It's a nice opportunity to check out a cool building!

DSC_9724.JPG
DSC_9741.JPG

Some more pics, similar to the ones last week. I don't know if the pics reflect it, but the paneling had a more 'white' look to it than last time I saw it. You can't see it in the pics, but the sky to the west was cloudy, and thus the white reflection. I'm quickly discovering that these buildings will have multiple looks depending on the sky conditions. The silver steel look last week looked great, but I have to say the white look is also striking. I think this building is going to be a treat.

DSC_9754.JPG
DSC_9757.JPG
DSC_9742.JPG

Did anyone go on the construction tour yesterday?
Yep! Disclaimer is that my background is not in construction and I went on this tour to learn more about the inner workings of construction - But here it goes: Super bright, vibrant and surprisingly open building on the inside. Bucci's really pushing for the European feel of communal living, which I think will be eaten up by North American living. Starting from the lobby up, they'll have 2 lobbies, one for each of their towers, but the main lobby, with the most space, etc. will be in the first tower - The main theme I would say for Dominion is communal living, and you feel that as soon as you enter Dominion. They have chairs set up in the lobby, music playing, they even have water taps. Essentially they're trying to make the building as inviting as possible from the get-go. They've really implemented technology into the building, from touchless entry to a 'Luxer' system for your Amazon deliveries. The units are a little smaller than average I would say, but loaded with high-quality appliances and a LARGE wrap-around balcony. I always appreciate spacious and bright common areas, and that's what Bucci pushed on this one. What makes up for the units is the communal spaces - they have a good-sized area allocated to office work, even including a sound-proof room for sensitive calls, etc. They also have a "TV room," which will have an 85" TV, couches, surround sound, the whole gambit. Behind the TV room is a really nice communal kitchen - they didn't have the "living room" set up, but it's a large and open space, fitted with everything needed for a kitchen: oven, 2 stoves, large island, etc. Just beyond that is their $140,000 gym, which has natural skylight, again falling into that open and vibrant feel.

As with most (all?) Bucci buildings, they're animal lovers - they'll have a 1,200 sq ft dog run (don't quote me on size there) alongside their massive patio. Beside their underground parking lot is also an area to clean your pets, fix your ski's and snowboards, do smaller scale construction projects and store your bike! They'll also have a few EV charging points in the parkade, which they can increase fairly easily I believe.

Commercial space seems to be going towards a marquee restaurant - I was told they have a good amount of traction for the space, but with COVID, banks are weary on lending to a restaurant $6mil required for the space. They also made a deal with the city that in exchange for more residential units up top, they'd convert the first floor beside the large commercial space to more CRU units to encourage more ground-level activity.

On the construction front (again, not my strong suit) they'd be about a gold LEED standard if they measured. They have converters that take the heat made by the AC units and re-use that energy, they've incorporated a "self-sealing" agent in the walls of the parkade to mitigate risk of leaks, not much else I remember there...

Most importantly, they'll be pealing the rest of the facade protector seal off in the next few days and Bridgeland will have itself a nice and shiny new building!

I would love to supply some photos I took, but Bucci kindly asked us not to until their social media team releases theirs first. On that front, they were setting up the units as show suites, so I'd expect something there soon.

I've probably missed a few things, but this is the bulk of the tour - the team that toured was awesome and went way beyond in my opinion!

Back