De Havilland Field | 25m | 5s | De Havilland

Yeah, I think the airport usage with the runways are what will be the biggest part of the approval process. The development itself is large, but Wheatland will probably approve it, as it's a good tax generator for them, and doesn't have too big an impact on the area. Traffic and utility work shouldn't be bad, as it's right on the highway. As for the runway, I'm guessing Transport Canada will be involved, and maybe could take a while to go through hoops.

The usual nimby opposition but different from what we get in the city. People worried about losing their view of farmland!
The one the got me was someone complaining that many of the workers would come from Calgary, or Chestermere and thus Strathmore would be supporting Calgary lol like nobody in Strathmore works in Calgary.

The usual nimby opposition but different from what we get in the city. People worried about losing their view of farmland!
The one the got me was someone complaining that many of the workers would come from Calgary, or Chestermere and thus Strathmore would be supporting Calgary lol like nobody in Strathmore works in Calgary.
Luckily most the council seems in favour and it’ll probably go ahead.

Go drive through northern Ontario and you will understand how beautiful the open prairie really is! I want this to go through though but I get the not wanting to lose that wide open feeling they might have.

Back