Currie | 87m | 30s | CLC | DIALOG

At some point it'll be nice to have lines that don't just go downtown. One of the things I love about London and Paris, is the way their lines intersect one another.
oh yeah... that be great

I think we could have two rings eventually. An inner ring roughly at the radius of MRU and another roughly at the radius of the airport. I'll be dead by the time this happens of course, but I'm sure my grandkids will love it.

Here's a transit fantasy map I made a few years back. $50B. :cool:

MRU/Currie ultimately needs stronger connections to: Downtown, the NW (UofC), the S (Chinook or Heritage Station), and the deep SW (ring road alternative). Here's how I would conceptually achieve that:

Untitled4-2.png

It would be nice to have some really good well thought out BRT lines that intersect LRT nodes. I say we hire RyLucky for manager of transportation planning department!

It would be nice to have some really good well thought out BRT lines that intersect LRT nodes. I say we hire RyLucky for manager of transportation planning department!
My suspicion is that the limiting factor to a good, efficient transit system isn't usually the lack of transit planners knowing what the best routes are ;). Otherwise RyLucky is our top candidate!

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-5-38-39-pm-0.png

This is the recently proposed street-car route that could serve as the primary connection between Currie, Mount Royal and the LRT Blue Line. The source is Metro. While I like the idea of the street-car in principal, I was quite upset to read that the reason this isn't being proposed as a C-Train is due to an oversight in the construction of Westbrook station. Essentially the rough-ins for a spur line were supposed to be built along with the West Line, but were somehow, no one seems to known exactly, not done.

Wow, that's a good large oversight. The streetcar would be similar I guess.

Out of curiosity why aren't they simply doing a bus route instead of streetcar? wouldn't that be a lot cheaper?

Back