CNIB | 86m | 27s | CNIB | S2

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Big changes are afoot for the CNIB site on the east side of Bridgeland by the looks of it:

Still just the land use stage, but check out the description:
1704381265545.png

Big changes are afoot for the CNIB site on the east side of Bridgeland by the looks of it:

Still just the land use stage, but check out the description:
View attachment 531268
Nice to see some movement on this. The concept was proposed to the neighborhood, quite some time ago, but went silent. I'll see if I can dig up the concept renderings. They were posting on SRC, but it would have been around 6-7 years ago.

Edit: After some searching around I found the old renders in a thread called "East Riverside Redevelopment" it appears that this may be part of the overall Riverside development plan from a few years back, and the plan is mentioned in the land use, so I've moved the posts over to this thread for now, but will create a separate thread once more details come in.

I know a couple have popped up but does this mean an actual effort to build high rises north of the river now?

Build baby build.

Interesting. I would be curious to know the story behind this. Is the CNIB planning on upzoning and then selling the land? Are they planning on developing it themselves? Will the buildings have some sort of official function for the CNIB or their members? Great to see some more high rise density north of the river and within a 10 minute walk to the train.

This is extra dose of density could put Bridgeland into that next level of destination neighborhood.

Decided to create a thread for this as it is a separate project from the overall Bridgeland Riverside development plan.

For some potential context, CNIB did propose (maybe it was built? I don't know, haven't followed Edmonton that closely) a 35 storey tower on their Jasper Avenue location. See it as a way to update their facilities and gain some revenue? This article is from 2016:

For some potential context, CNIB did propose (maybe it was built? I don't know, haven't followed Edmonton that closely) a 35 storey tower on their Jasper Avenue location. See it as a way to update their facilities and gain some revenue? This article is from 2016:
1704426396420.png

A couple of taller buildings in that location would be great. Bridgeland is at the point where it's hitting a critical mass enough to be its own little self sufficient district. Imagine an urban grocer in a mixed use development on the north side of 1st ave, it would be a game changer.

Back