Century Garden Park | ?m | ?s | City of Calgary | PFS Studio

Yeah they ran into some problems like a year and a half ago. It was supposed to be done late last summer but now won't be done til this summer (or fall).

IMG_6907.JPG
IMG_6908.JPG

Totally. Not that there wasn't already a massive boom in the redevelopment of our park spaces over the past couple years, but I could see that increase as a form of stimulus in the wake of the Covid economic catastrophe. Possibly even pushing ahead construction of institutional infrastructure and Green Line SE.

Totally. Not that there wasn't already a massive boom in the redevelopment of our park spaces over the past couple years, but I could see that increase as a form of stimulus in the wake of the Covid economic catastrophe. Possibly even pushing ahead construction of institutional infrastructure and Green Line SE.

For any project managers out there looking to not disrupt businesses during a utility, or I dunno, sidewalk repair work - *cough* 17th Avenue SW Project *cough* - I would do everything in my power to move up the schedule to this year from next. Sell it as a stimulus program, accelerate your spend rates and avoid the typically daily blow-back of closing streets in peak summer patio season of a normal year. Ironically, the 17th Avenue SW project is scheduled to take a break this year to give businesses some time off from closures, sidewalks won't be done until 2021. So whatever business remains after this, will now be subject to street and sidewalk closures their first year back from this disaster.

If there is silver lining of an opportunity to come from this tragedy, doing disruptive public realm work as fast as possible is fairly high on the list.

Back