Calgary Opera Community Arts Centre | ?m | ?s

1544132177359.png

It is a groundbreaking design that will create an incredible sense of place.

ha, sydney can breathe easier now. dont know how big the opera community is, hopefully brings bodies to east vic park. will have synergy with the performing arts school next door. perhaps a simple strucure facilitates a next generation building sooner rather than later. one less empty lot!

Another collaboration project by Diamond Schmidt and Gibbs Gage.
It will have a combination of brick and some curtainwall especially at the main public spaces and foyers. The bricks are designed to be arranged in some unique pattern or modules to suit the music based theme of the design but it will not be something that is too daring. Should still be a decent enough addition to East Victoria Park.
The collaboration duo is a carry over from all the UofC projects that have been done thus far like Taylor Family Center of Digital Learning and the Schulich School. So I think the interior design will make up for any exterior architecture that doesn't impress. So I am hopeful..

Hi,
I haven't been following this Project much as I have Been Following the Project
on 8th Ave. S.E. the East Mall. Not Sure if its still Going but I Hear a lot About these Projects but have to Admit I have My Reservations that a Lot of these
Projects will still proceed. Tnx.

Back