Bridgeland Mixed Use | 22m | 6s | Westrich Pacific | S2

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new DP for Bridgeland, going in at the NE corner of Edmonton Trail and 1st Avenue NE, where the Petrocan and strip mall is:

1690918314224.png

1690918352321.png
1690918435881.png

1690918491669.png

Nooooooooo!!!!!

- Signed someone that still has a guilty pleasure of stopping for pizza by the slice and a slurpee at that strip mall and Petro Can.

In all seriousness, this will be a great boost into moving that part of Bridgeland away from being a car sewer and will help make 1st St NE more of a continuous main street between Edmonton Trail and the main grouping of mixed use buildings to the east. I like the tower and the western facade, the southern facade looks a little bland to me, especially the street interaction but still obviously much better than a Petro Can.

Last I saw, Joycee's was permanently closed.

Not the prettiest design, but that whole block has been an area for sketchy behaviour for a while now (it was a destination for a lot of people from the DIC to get their booze)... so happy to see this up for development.

Last I saw, Joycee's was permanently closed.

Not the prettiest design, but that whole block has been an area for sketchy behaviour for a while now (it was a destination for a lot of people from the DIC to get their booze)... so happy to see this up for development.
My thoughts too. Basic design that gets the job done and a good density boost to Bridgeland without upsetting the apple cart so to speak.

What would be the timeline of a project like this? Would they not have to let the gas station sit empty for a while due to seepage or something?
I was wondering about that also. I recall the gas station has only been around a few decades. Maybe the contamination isn’t too bad and they’ll be removing it when they excavate?

What would be the timeline of a project like this? Would they not have to let the gas station sit empty for a while due to seepage or something?
The soil under the gas station would be contaminated and would have to be entirely removed and treated somewhere. That would probably happen when they start excavating.

Back