BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

Agree! While it isn’t the massive projection screen from the first rendering, I’m glad they at least incorporated this and didn’t value engineer it out.

On a side note, I really hate all the haphazard planters they placed along the new 17th. They look cheap and there is no method to their madness.

Agree! While it isn’t the massive projection screen from the first rendering, I’m glad they at least incorporated this and didn’t value engineer it out.

On a side note, I really hate all the haphazard planters they placed along the new 17th. They look cheap and there is no method to their madness.
Certainly a fair point. Would assume this has to do with maintaining the south side of the road as a barrier free, functional festival space (stampede). Planters can be moved, trees can not. The counterpoint would be the trees located along stampede trail....to which i would say if you asked any of the stampede event planners, they'd probably prefer them gone given the growth of the event since they were planted...however we know that would never happen.

Apologies if this is the wrong place as I'm new here, does anyone know anything about the hotel thats supposed to go in by BMO/Cowboys? Mostly curious how many stories its gonna be as I might buy into Arriva and it'd affect my view!

Apologies if this is the wrong place as I'm new here, does anyone know anything about the hotel thats supposed to go in by BMO/Cowboys? Mostly curious how many stories its gonna be as I might buy into Arriva and it'd affect my view!
I mean regardless if it gets hotel gets built, there will be a lot of towers slowly getting built in that area because of the new district

There has been no news since the annoucement a year ago:

An illuminated ring matching the 'saddle' profile of the dome would be cool - even over a parking lot
That’s a great idea to pay homage to the Saddledome once it’s gone.

RE: The Hotel
I hope it’s not another announcement similar to Jimmy Buffets coming to the grounds.

That really is a great shot, looking forward to seeing the architecture lighting + windows in the evening.

Side note, for the more construction savy, when the dome is demolished...what is the earliest you could construct anything on a freshly filled in hole? I understand a good chunk of it will always be parking, but for the areas fronting 4th and 14th/15th, how big of an issue is the ground disturbance?
I'll keep pushing for this: Make the Saddledome location a new football stadium (~20K capacity) to replace McMahon Stadium. Go all in on making this area a true entertainment centre for the city.

I would love for a new football stadium to be in the entertainment district. Not sure if it would fit where the Saddledome is, but I would also consider the bud barns location as well. I think it would need to be 25-30,000 seats (a little smaller than Regina and Winnipeg’s). 20,000 seems a bit too small for a city our size.

Back