BLVD Beltline | 118.87m | 37s | ONE Properties | Arquitectonica

Last I heard (a while ago, so plans could be different now) was that ONE Properties had always intended on the 3rd tower being condos, not rentals. Given the state of the condo market there was no rush to bring it forward. I don't even think the DP has been applied for.

Not many lights on during early evening - curious how leasing is going on this one
$/sqft it's meaningfully more expensive than UpTen, SoDo, and Arris - granted at BLVD the amenities are good, location is promising, and finishes look solid. But it's still sandwiched between two urban highways, and mostly surrounded by parking lots. The layouts also fall flat for me, take a look:
north - 401.jpg

Starting at $1650/month, you get like 8 square feet of counterspace, a closet that won't fit the wardrobe of anyone I know, no balcony, a living room with the proportions of a bowling alley, and it looks like you'd have to pick between a "dining table" or a WFH desk. In Toronto it's a steal, in Edmonton it'd be highway robbery. Predictably, the market in Calgary is somewhere in the middle.

Given what's on the market, it wouldn't be my first choice for that amount. I'd expect leasing to be initially slow, but eventually reflect market vacancy, especially if tower development in the East end is slowing after Arris 2.

Attachments

• north - 401.jpg
    north - 401.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 92
$/sqft it's meaningfully more expensive than UpTen, SoDo, and Arris - granted at BLVD the amenities are good, location is promising, and finishes look solid. But it's still sandwiched between two urban highways, and mostly surrounded by parking lots. The layouts also fall flat for me, take a look:
View attachment 380769
Starting at $1650/month, you get like 8 square feet of counterspace, a closet that won't fit the wardrobe of anyone I know, no balcony, a living room with the proportions of a bowling alley, and it looks like you'd have to pick between a "dining table" or a WFH desk. In Toronto it's a steal, in Edmonton it'd be highway robbery. Predictably, the market in Calgary is somewhere in the middle.

Given what's on the market, it wouldn't be my first choice for that amount. I'd expect leasing to be initially slow, but eventually reflect market vacancy, especially if tower development in the East end is slowing after Arris 2.
Decent take, I know Arris has been well received despite the $$/sqft. Over 150/190 suites leased now. Arris 2 is set to be complete late winter 2023.

They now have all of the construction trailers off site and they have laid down some sod at the corner where the third tower will eventually go. There are also some short fence posts in so I suspect they may be turning it into a temporary dog park.

They now have all of the construction trailers off site and they have laid down some sod at the corner where the third tower will eventually go. There are also some short fence posts in so I suspect they may be turning it into a temporary dog park.
I was surprised to see the grass. I thought for sure, they were going to turn it into a parking lot and cash in on Stampede.

Yeah I thought so too, but I saw them pouring the soil last week and was pretty stoked. Definitely gonna be a dog park, only 2 blocks away from me! The other nearest fenced in ones are both 10 - 15 blocks (EV and Connaught)

Look at the sidewalks and curbs in those pictures. Another example of sloppy work by the builder. I see this all over the inner city on new builds. After the building is completed, the outside walks, drives, stairs, curbs etc. are installed hastily with very little attention to detail. The concrete does not look uniform. There is no polishing or finishing afterwards. Other examples include Park Point & Park Central
Quite frankly, when you walk our streets, it is embarrassing to see the state of our sidewalks ... dirty, grimy, stained, broken, cracked. ☹️

Boy do these guys know how to develop correctly! Dog park, murals, no garbage surface parking while we await the third tower. J’amahhhzing 🤩 Can’t wait to take Aurora there when I’m healed up.

4904E363-F0E9-4C84-90C1-FB0D74F22752.jpeg

Back