Blackfoot Multi-Family | 14m | 4s | Cedarglen | NORR

Is it just me or does this look like a condo version of the previous trailer park? I also get commie block ghetto vibes. The bowling lane road with weird pseudo yard lawns looks so depressing. Wouldn’t it make more sense to add some towers and mixed use amenities like they’re doing around COP? At least make it a mini destination or self sufficient node?

View attachment 596222

With a pathway connection you could walk or bike to Ikea or Walmart. 😂

That hill behind has some really nice native ecology on it too. Built-In "park" space and natural area, well-connected by car and could be decently connected by bike with some work.

The edge of Acadia that interfaces with Blackfoot would be prime for some further densification and maybe a few commercial units.
Strangely for a site that appears to be in the middle of nowhere, if that path existed this will be one of the only locations in the city you could walk to both T&T and a decent Walmart within 10 minutes without ever crossing a street or waiting for a light

The development permit for the Blackfoot Trail mobile home site has been submitted. It isn't the most urban project, but it is relatively inner-city and a significant site and a larger scale project, so I figured I would create a thread for it.

View attachment 595737
View attachment 595741
View attachment 595738
View attachment 595739
View attachment 595740
View attachment 595742
View attachment 595745
View attachment 595747
View attachment 595748
Absolutely hideous architecture. Cedarglen wins for the absolute worst looking multi in the City.

Back