Votes: 18 47.4%
  • So So

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:D What a change from 3 years ago. This turned out better than expected, IMHO.

Will the Tokyo Smoke in there be a Cannibis retailer, or a coffee / head shop like the one on 1st SW? From a street perspective, the dark tinted or frosted windows for Cannibis stores aren't great, but those stores do generate quite a bit of traffic...

Avli has had an interesting effect on that corner. I walked past last week when it was colder and across the street I could feel heat blasting from the reflection of the sun. Aside from a potential death ray effect, the building looks amazing on sunny days.

00-DSC_7914-3a-2.jpg

I love how the building form turned out. I'm undecided on the material choice for now. I want to give it a chance....hopefully signage and occupation liven it up

Reactions: AJX
I like the way the doors are inset a bit. It reminds me of the older Inglewood buildings. This building has turned out great

Agreed. That should be a bylaw requirement for CRUs opening directly onto Main Street type frontage. It allows people step out of an establishment without stepping into pedestrian traffic. Like driving, a lot of people struggle to look before stepping through the entrance and onto the sidewalk.

All it needs is a splash of colour. Paint those concrete columns bright pink or primary colours.

Agreed. It's pretty sterile without tenants, so i'm hoping some window displays of something will bring some life to the project. Otherwise an interesting switch from next door's opus building.

I heard that the contractor, BMP Construction has been fired by the owner before the building was completed. Has anyone else heard this?

Makes sense, possibly why it took so long for this one to be completed.

I heard that the contractor, BMP Construction has been fired by the owner before the building was completed. Has anyone else heard this?
Not surprised, BMP are in over their head from the sound of it. I've heard them referred to as Butcher My Project by a few Architects who have worked with them lol.

Makes sense, possibly why it took so long for this one to be completed.

Them getting fired is likely a result of the delay, not the cause.

Back