News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary & Alberta Economy

An agreement to buy hydrogen in unknown quantities at an unknown price is not a purchase agreement, in my mind
I was referring to LNG Canada.

And judging by the current price, most of the projects were rejected until very recently. The USA just has a substantially lower cost base.

Alberta Well-Positioned for Impending Recession

“Alberta remains one of the best economies in the world and—barring the geopolitical situation getting even worse—should be able to push through the global headwinds and post strong growth in 2022,” says the ATB report.

"In many ways, Alberta right now, from an economic point of view, is the place to be in Canada."

Wowzers. That’s wild to hear. I mean, population growth is back up. We’ll probably end up around 80,000 people this year. By 2027/28 we will be pushing 5 million depending on things. Just passed 4.5 million last quarter.

OPEC+ just announced a reduction in production of 2 million barrels a day. This comes at a time when oil reserves around the world are near all time lows. The U.S. has to replace the strategic reserve that Biden bled down all summer in order to reduce pump prices. Oil supply and demand has become a very confusing game for anyone trying to follow it and guess where prices are headed.
Instead of whining about OPEC's decision, the U.S. could turn to their oil producing partner to the north for a solution. I am guessing that Biden and Trudeau have not even had the conversation. "What .o_O.. increase production in reliable Canada?... in those demon tar sands? We can't have that. What would the ESG crowd say? ....What about the children?😅 (had to throw that in)"
At a time when the world needs more energy (particularly the U.S. ...the largest consumer of it), I can't believe Canada is sitting on the sidelines for the most part because we put ourselves there. Decisions that should have been made years ago that are almost too late now.

Last edited:
Yawn. Prices. Its a thing. And provinces can reject projects which approach the regulatory regime as province first. That they chose the wrong strategy isn't Trudeau's fault. Fully regulator approved east coast projects are stalled as well.

Yep ... not the federal government's fault that energy projects are stalled or cancelled. It can't be the hostile environment that has been created by the Trudeau government towards fossil fuels and led to massive capital investment retreating from this country. No ... it must be because our fearless leader has 'not seen the business case' for any of these projects.

Back