AHC 6th Ave | 25m | 6s | Attainable Homes Calgary | Hindle Architects

Are you keeping a ledger?
1658525843885.png

Absolutely disgusting and incompetent development from all participants. Calgary isn't this desperate.
Disgusting? Really? Looks like a building straight out of Amsterdam or Stockholm. Nkce to see some restrained, minimalist design, apposed to the usual calgary building with 15 different exterior materials and a random rectangle or 10

Disgusting? Really? Looks like a building straight out of Amsterdam or Stockholm. Nkce to see some restrained, minimalist design, apposed to the usual calgary building with 15 different exterior materials and a random rectangle or 10
Downtown Calgary is not Amsterdam or Stockholm. It's being placed in an area it so obviously doesn't belong.

The building itself is nice, but it looks very out of place for the area. Not like in a cool Rotterdam weird building way either, it just doesn't look right in this place. If they put this in Inglewood, Bridgleand or even Kensington it would be awesome, but just will look out of the place where it is currently.

Considering this is an affordable housing project, this is a great looking building. There are major budget constraints, so I applaud the design team for coming up with something other than a stucco box with small windows.

oo I think thats a square on the community association nimby bingo card! Change is scary 😦
I don't think @YourBoy007 is opposed to development at all. I don't agree with him on everything but he has been pretty strongly pro-development here. I do think that he brings up a very valid point that this development isn't suited to this neighbourhood, it would fit much better in one of the core-adjacent neighbourhoods. That's not NIMBYism.

Name calling isn't a strong argument.

For the people here that seem to really hate this project: is the 6-storey scale you don't like? Do you just want a taller point tower? If a building of a similar scale were to be built here, what is an example you'd find acceptable?

Genuinely curious, not trying to argue.

Back