Calgary

950 McPherson Square | 50m | 10s | Jemm Properties | Zeidler

Patrick.1980

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good news if this gets approved and goes ahead. Bridgeland is building up some nice density. I was in Bridgeland on Friday and was impressed by how busy it's getting. The north side of 1st ave needs some change though.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good news if this gets approved and goes ahead. Bridgeland is building up some nice density. I was in Bridgeland on Friday and was impressed by how busy it's getting. The north side of 1st ave needs some change though.
Yes. The north side of 1st Ave has been completely ignored in new development. I don't know whether that is a zoning thing or private land owners who don't want to sell to developers.

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes. The north side of 1st Ave has been completely ignored in new development. I don't know whether that is a zoning thing or private land owners who don't want to sell to developers.
There will be change coming down the pipe for the north side. The city was looking at changing the zoning a few years back. Increasing it a block or two north, not sure if it's been done, but if not it will be sometime. Perfect location for some small mixed use projects.